Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the relatively new inline square baler by Maschio? It has a 105 stroke plunger speed and is suppose to be really high capacity. We have a Hesston 4550 and it is a great baler but I just need more capacity. Pls. reply if anyone can help me with this info.- thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the relatively new inline square baler by Maschio? It has a 105 stroke plunger speed and is suppose to be really high capacity. We have a Hesston 4550 and it is a great baler but I just need more capacity. Pls. reply if anyone can help me with this info.- thanks in advance.
It may be hard to find someone in NorthAmerica with this experience as Maschio's efforts are directed mainly to other parts of the world.

Is this the Pitagora baler?

Generally Maschio's products are of very good quality here's a video that may help you

·
5,734 Posts
Looking closer, some of the marketing images show the Chinese MF/Hesston 1840 painted orange with minor changes. The newer model they show appears to have EU/UK compliant sheet metal. Given MF/Hesston opened a Chinese factory 5 years ago to make inline balers there, I suspect Maschio is buying 90% complete Agco china machine's and putting final touches on them to get around the Agco china agreement not to sell china built balers on world market.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Vehicle

Wheel Tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

I would expect they will end up in a lawsuit pretty quickly if importing these to North America.

Attachments

·
5,734 Posts
My understanding is they are making parts/assemblies there, whole balers made for China and asian markets but restrictions on where they can be exported to if at all.

Wow Slowzuki never knew MF opened up this China factory for inlines!

Where are they planning to sell them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a Maschio Dealer in London Ohio. The Maschio In Line baler is not made in China as someone above suggested. Maschio North America is headquartered in Dewitt Iowa with sales and support staff. They carry whole goods as well as a vast parts inventory to support their growing US dealer network. I have personally used all of the Maschio balers (Round and Square) and have sold dozens to happy customers throughout the USA. The video posted above is one that I took.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I am a Maschio Dealer in London Ohio. The Maschio In Line baler is not made in China as someone above suggested. Maschio North America is headquartered in Dewitt Iowa with sales and support staff. They carry whole goods as well as a vast parts inventory to support their growing US dealer network. I have personally used all of the Maschio balers (Round and Square) and have sold dozens to happy customers throughout the USA. The video posted above is one that I took.
How many components are compatible with Hesston balers? Why should someone pick a Maschio over the Hesston they copied?

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
4,044 Posts
Maschio is of Italian origin, with several production facilities in Italy, and one each in Romania, India and China.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I put a question re this baler on an italian forum Tractorum.it in italian and got no reply, not a one! Obviously not a popular unit.
I know that Maschio-Gaspardo makes excellent implements, but their marketing efforts are not directed to N.A. unfortunately.
Good Luck in your endeavours.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where are they made?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts