Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure I understand how the "likes" works.....sometimes it says I've reach the quota....what is the quota? And how can I reach the quota and then 15 min later get another "like" but then no more.....it doesn't seem to run on 24 hr time.....how does it work? Not that it makes any diff. still an excellent forum.....Thanks for explaining

·
3,912 Posts
An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

This is the message I get.

It can be frustrating to read a discussion and like a few posts then have the option removed. There are usually more replies as the discussion progresses that I would also like to "like". It sort of makes me feel bad that I "liked" some and did not "like" others that were just as deserving.

I also may be able to use the like feature one more time after about 15 minutes, then is may not be allowed until 24 hours.

I try to "like" posts by new members to make them feel welcome. Forums can be intimidating to new members, especially when you take a look at other forums where some are looking to bash every post they can.

·
Goontard
1,788 Posts
Can we UP the LIKES again...or some. I don't feel that I just throw em around like bubble gum at a Halloween parade. I have read EVERY SINGLE POST that has been posted since I have been a member. Some days (like today and yesterday) there was a heck of a lot of posting and a heck of a lot of good posts. I just ran out awhile ago (first time ever). Do the "likes" cost that much...heck I'd throw in a few bucks for an extra pallet of em. Never knew you could run out until today...and there are s'more posts that need some likin' :wub: and I find myself unable to perform :huh: !! The mind is willing...

73, Mark

·
Goontard
1,788 Posts
The "like nazi" got ya huh......NO MORE "LIKES" for you!
I went to the counter, ordered my "like", stepped 2 steps to the side and waited... I might send George over to like the above post...hope he don't get us both in trouble. ;)

73, Mark

EDIT, and PS, I just snuck one in on him...TeeHee :D I love bucking the system. :cool:

·
Goontard
1,788 Posts
One thing I find comical is a member will like a post they just made.

Never hit the like limit. Guess I'm not as likable as other people.... :p
Never noticed anyone doing that before... then the other day, I saw where I had LIKED one of my own posts. Best I can figure, I got a new laptop with touch screen and must have been scrolling and touched it... I never even thought that I would LET you do it. I didn't even notice it until a few days later when I was reading subsequent posts; I felt about an inch tall when I saw that I had liked my own post. Some people (like me) shouldn't ever be allowed to be around a computer without child-supervision. :confused:

73, Mark

Reactions: stack em up

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Never noticed anyone doing that before... then the other day, I saw where I had LIKED one of my own posts. Best I can figure, I got a new laptop with touch screen and must have been scrolling and touched it... I never even thought that I would LET you do it. I didn't even notice it until a few days later when I was reading subsequent posts; I felt about an inch tall when I saw that I had liked my own post. Some people (like me) shouldn't ever be allowed to be around a computer without child-supervision. :confused:
73, Mark
Don't worry other people noticed it as well..........just shake my head and say "newbie" ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.