Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only guy here that uses Rio max 360 tubs? I hope not because I'd love to discuss results and how you like them. I love them by the way, this is the first fall that I've had them and would like to have a discussion about when you have had to start putting out hay. We calve about 20 cows between Sept. and Dec. with another 20 in the early spring.

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I am the only one.

·
An ounce of doing is worth a pound of talk
1,167 Posts
I just ordered some SweetPro Tubs to start my calves on this fall, after weaning. This is my first time for trying this, so I don't know yet how well it is going to work. I still need to order about a pallet of loose mineral for the cows, but I have been sick with Covid; that kinda set back just a bit.

·
Registered
399 Posts
PVM is the most popular in my area, but your results may be deferent. They are out of Texas. I have tried 5 or 6 others, the last ones from TSC cattle did not eat. The Cargill ones are candy, cows eat twice the recommended amount. We need a protein boost in cows calving now on all dry grass with acorns to. Acorns have fair feed value but without extra protein the hulls don't pass thru fast enough. Horses and pigs will spit out the hull and get fat if the acorns are thick enough. What dry grass we have will loose most feed value when it starts raining (hopefully soon) then they need tubs or grain mixed supplements or hay.

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply's, I have tried all of them. These are some that will scare you with the upfront price but I've been using them for about 10 months, only used 4 so far very impressed I recommend looking them up. Rio Max360. I was just curious if anybody here used them, but thanks for the reply's guys. With these tubs you want need any loose mineral, just loose salt.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I hope my elementary math taught in a 3 room school house is correct!!
I had tub filled on 4/02/21 for $350. there appears to be about 1/3 still in tub. I had 12 pair & bull licking Mix-30. So $350 ÷3X2=$266÷13 head= $20.46÷180 days= $0.11366 per day per grown cattle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts