Hay & Forage Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Lazy J Farms Feed and Hay
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks:

Apparently my original post got caught by one of the SPAMS today, so I will try this again.

I am in the process of negotiating on new ground for our growing hay operation. We have two Amish neighbors that want to share crop with us on hay. In my past row crop operations we simply did a 50-50 crop share with me providing machinery, labor, harvesting, and one-half of crop inputs. The landlord provided the land, taxes, lime, and one-half of crop inputs. What should we do for a Hay crop share arrangement?

We have one other farm that we will negotiate a lease arrangement. I am leaning toward a 4 year lease as it cooincides with the productive life of a stand. We will clear seed alfalf-orchard grass-timothy next spring. What do you all use for leases on hay ground?

Jim

·
Super Moderator
8,704 Posts
I have a 50-50 lease where I supply 100% of seed and machinery.50% fert and chemical.He helps pickup bales (LgRdBales)5 yr lease.Was underseeded under annual ryegrass.It's close to home 1/4 mile.I would sooner cash rent but that has gone thru roof.Last week rent auction 1/[email protected],[email protected],[email protected] 315 1yr lease in advance.corn,soy ground.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts