Hay & Forage Forum banner

Kubota M4-071 vs New Holland Workmaster 75

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Coniberty Acres 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has either of these tractors or knows someone who does. And what are the pros and cons? I know the New Holland is kind of a bare bones tractor but the price reflects that. Thinking about stepping up to a cab tractor so in my retirement I can be comfy doing stuff. This will be a chore type tractor used for square baling and to mow pasture and do some small food plots and clear the driveway etc. honestly just kind of window shopping but it the numbers mesh I might upgrade. Also looking the the Workmaster 95 also but it requires def and is a bigger tractor

#3 ·
I have a m7060 12 speed cab pretty close to the m4 and I really enjoy it and I use it for pretty much everything from running square baler, 10’ bush hog, 9’ krone disk mower, food plots you name it. I really wanted a 75c but the price got crazy on them and i have not heard very good things about them or the 75A.

#8 ·
For the OP the 7060 is a better working tractor but the M4 is "deluxe", think the 7060 gets 2-3 more hp to the PTO, if I was to buy again at the 74.9hp range I'd probably look for a 7060.

I have the M4-071 and I love it, but I wish I would have gone to an M5. I run a 9'6" disc on a caddy and it does about 4-4.5 mph on flat ground but if there's any incline I have to slow down significantly even in fairly thin growth, since most of my fields are rolling it slows me down a lot. If I had flat fields it probably wouldn't make a difference. I road it a lot and it will cruise at the governed speed ~25mph until it hits a hill and then I have to shift down even if just the bare tractor. I have a Massey 1840 I bale with and it doesn't notice it's back there at baling speeds uphill or not as fast as I can feed it.

I don't know anyone with a NH 75 but my neighbor got a Deere 5075e. The differences between those to in my mind strongly favor the M4 for haying. Wheel size on the M4 is significantly larger which gives a smoother ride in the fields. I've also helped pull him out of a few mud holes which I was able to drive through. M4 also turns better when stacking bales etc. I like the clutch on the Deere better though, easier to use like a real clutch as opposed to the M4 hydro. Like the Deere's fuel cap location better than the M4 as well.

I'm just over 400 hrs on mine, aside from a hydro fitting that came loose and started leaking at my 3rd function valve I've had zero issues. I added window defrost, rear window wiper, 3pt rear remote, and 3rd function all of which had significant lead times when I bought it so I took delivery of the bare tractor then took it back about 4 months later to have them add everything. The M4 is my first cabbed tractor and 75hp, I'd absolutely buy it again...but like I said I'd probably go with the M5 if I was doing it over.

#4 ·
I have a 2021 75a cab which is the red version of workmaster. I really like it so far I have put approx 275 hours on it mostly mowing with a 9' claas disc mower and rolling with JD 450. I do feed with it too really easy to start in the winter and the cab with air ride seat is a big step up from the MF 4609 it replaced. Performance wise it gives up 15 hp to 4609 it replaced but I have not noticed it when rolling hay and it's nice not having to fill the def tank every day. The only issue so far was a defective o ring in the hydraulic valve.

#5 ·
Thanks guys. I'm leaning toward Kubota just because I have a good relationship with the dealer and have been dealing with them for 15 years. The New Holland is a nice tractor and they are working with me better on the trade but I think the money difference it might be worth it to go with the guys I know. Still thinking on it and trying to decide

#10 ·
I would have liked an M5 but the dealership didn’t have an ETA on when one would show up. They had 2 M4’s and one was bought the day before I pulled the trigger. It should work good for us we do a lot of little fields 3-5 acres and I think it should get along alright. This is my first cab tractor also and kind of the point I have 6 years before I retire so hopefully this one will last me awhile and I can use it in my retirement to take care of the place and do some haying on the side to keep me busy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.