Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
I looked at a Kabota at my New Holland dealership several years ago. I thought the New Holland 7320 had a better cutting bar. If you have a New Holland dealer close I would look at those diskbines

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at a Kabota at my New Holland dealership several years ago. I thought the New Holland 7320 had a better cutting bar. If you have a New Holland dealer close I would look at those diskbines
I have a new Holland 209. Wanting to get away from it. It’s only one year old and I’ve already had issues with the cutter bar tie bolts breaking in it. I do like it, but not holding up as I expected.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know we are looking at a 210
My buddy has the older model of a 210. Same issue! He’d dumped near 7,000$ in it. Tie bolts have broken and tore the gears out. Causing gear replacements in particular hubs and everything. I bleed new Holland blue, but not happy with that design. Look at Kuhn and Kubota cutterbars. You’ll see what I mean.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Thanks our 7320 is in the shop after we hit a rake tooth in the field it is 4 years old and are considering trading it after it is fixed. I only bleed New Holland red and yellow thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
they bought Kverneland/vicon. It’s a vicon.
I remember Vicon was among the 1st if not THE 1st with the discbine and they've kept the 3 blades even when everyone else moved to 2 blades.
They must perceive that 3 blades are an advantage, I can see how each cut is a smaller sheaf, so perhaps that is the advantage, any one has any ideas?
I too have not heard of any real problems, only speculative ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone running a Kubota discbind? I’m thinking about getting a 10’6 cut with rolls. Pros and cons? Thanks!
This fall is only my second cutting, and I have never used any equipment other than what we have, but I got all kubota, so my mower is the DMC8032T (tine). It works great, i love the maneuverability around trees, just pull in the hydraulic arm while traveling, and the conditioner seems to work good, but I honestly dont know any different. But point is I like it a lot, I’m in north Ga, pretty hilly property and I am still amazed how it will go over some areas and not scalp…. It will still scalp but performs better than i thought it might for a straight 10’ wide bar. Happy to help if you have any questions!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I believe kubota bought out krone so those are krone discbines just orange. I haven’t heard about problems with them. As long as you have a good dealership you should be fine.
This is incorrect. Kubota acquired Kverneland Equipment which produces Vicon disc mowers. They are easily identifiable because of the 3-blade design.
I have never used a Kubota/Vicon disc mower but have always heard good things about them. I have heard there is a 'light duty' mower now being produced that I would stay from.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts