Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade from an older Hesston to a new to me baler. they Kubota network in North Texas is strong so considering going with a BV4160 or BV4180. Any advice or recommendations? I have a Workmaster 75 so low on the HP range but not wanting to upgrade to a bigger tractor yet. Does anyone know if the 4180 is too big for my tractor? On the Kubota website it just says horse power range of 40-60 which is extremely unhelpful!

· Registered
1,314 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade from an older Hesston to a new to me baler. they Kubota network in North Texas is strong so considering going with a BV4160 or BV4180. Any advice or recommendations? I have a Workmaster 75 so low on the HP range but not wanting to upgrade to a bigger tractor yet. Does anyone know if the 4180 is too big for my tractor? On the Kubota website it just says horse power range of 40-60 which is extremely unhelpful!
I've heard that they are extremely well built and easy to maintain.
I also think that 60hp would do it maybe if on flat land, but I would not put anything below 75hp in front.

· Registered
47 Posts
I have wondered about the Kubota balers as well. I have seen a few of them for sale at a resonable price, but the reviews on them are scarce and many of them, that are for sale used, don't seem to have a very high bale count, which makes me wonder if they are problematic and the owners are dumping them. But I don't know, I have other Kubota equipment, or Kubota powered equipment and I am very please with it, that is why I wonder about their balers.

· Registered
5,726 Posts
On another Tractor/equipment forum I frequent a Kubota rd baler owner stated he wished netwrap location was at rear of baler similar to JD rd balers vs present location at front of baler. I personally would prefer rear location for netwrap. I think Kubota rd balers were engineered by Vicon or Kneverland. I think 60 pto HP tractor would be the bare minimum HP.

· Registered
1,314 Posts
Here are some videos that may interest you:

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome thanks. I’m leaning towards the Vermeer 504R Classic. It just looks “simple” and easy to work on. There is a 2020 with 2,500 bales that looks brand new here locally. $18,500. I looked at a 2016 4160 and was good looking too but the linear actuator for the wrap loading wasn’t working and the monitor cable kept falling out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts