Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having trouble with my net wrap on my krone fortima 1800mc. it has never worked great and is getting worse. I tried to make some adjustments and nothing helps and the dealer won't help me. the net is wrapping on the rubber roller, after you clean it back off it doesn't want to start wrapping again and wraps around the roller again and several times yesterday it got cought in the cutting roller and it would also start wrapping a bale when it was only a foot or two big any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
560 Posts
A damaged roller will cause wrapping but, before replacing the roller I would eliminate everything else.
The brake needs to be free of rust and the brake pad deglazed and in good condition. It should be tight enough that with the brake engaged, you can barely turn the drum. (think a tractor that the power steering has gone out)
Make sure the brake is releasing when the wrapping process starts.
The net channel need to be clean all the way across. BEWARE OF KNIFE. In effect, the net is being pushed to the bale when it starts. Any resistance will prevent it from going back to the bale.
Make sure the fishplate flap inside the chamber is going all the way down. When you raise it and drop it, it should fall flat. No debris beneath or bent. If it doesn't go down completely it can block the net.
I would check the net path very carefully. It the net gets blocked it will back up wrap around the roller.
Make sure your knife isn't broken or damaged and going back to the home position. It has to cut cleanly as to not leave a tail that will catch. If it doesn't go to the home position it can block the net path as well.

If the baler has been in high moisture hay, my guess would be the net path needs a good cleaning.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
What’s the best way to clean that net path? can that plate from inside the chamber with the Allen bolts come out to get better access to the path? I had this problem last week. I wasn’t crazy about contorting my hand under the knife and up to that ledge. There was like a matted fine dust up there. I cleaned it best I could. Seemed to work better after.

Side note. I’ve got a broken cable on the right side. Not the bigger one. This is a small thin one. Looks like about a foot long. Got a pic of where that goes? The one end is attached to the actuator arm or linkage of.

A damaged roller will cause wrapping but, before replacing the roller I would eliminate everything else.
The brake needs to be free of rust and the brake pad deglazed and in good condition. It should be tight enough that with the brake engaged, you can barely turn the drum. (think a tractor that the power steering has gone out)
Make sure the brake is releasing when the wrapping process starts.
The net channel need to be clean all the way across. BEWARE OF KNIFE. In effect, the net is being pushed to the bale when it starts. Any resistance will prevent it from going back to the bale.
Make sure the fishplate flap inside the chamber is going all the way down. When you raise it and drop it, it should fall flat. No debris beneath or bent. If it doesn't go down completely it can block the net.
I would check the net path very carefully. It the net gets blocked it will back up wrap around the roller.
Make sure your knife isn't broken or damaged and going back to the home position. It has to cut cleanly as to not leave a tail that will catch. If it doesn't go to the home position it can block the net path as well.

If the baler has been in high moisture hay, my guess would be the net path needs a good cleaning.

Good luck

·
Registered
560 Posts
I don't have a good pic of the small cable. It releases the twine brake during the start.
I don't know of an easy way to clean the net channel. Once it is clean, occasionally blowing it out will usually keep it clean in dry hay. The plate with the allen screws is the scraper bar for the spiral roller. I'm not sure if removing it will help any. If you decide to remove it you will need heat to release the loctite. When you install it will need to be as close to the spiral roller as possible
Font Auto part Engineering Motor vehicle Rectangle

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I don't have a good pic of the small cable. It releases the twine brake during the start.
I don't know of an easy way to clean the net channel. Once it is clean, occasionally blowing it out will usually keep it clean in dry hay. The plate with the allen screws is the scraper bar for the spiral roller. I'm not sure if removing it will help any. If you decide to remove it you will need heat to release the loctite. When you install it will need to be as close to the spiral roller as possible
View attachment 91926
Thanks

Nother question. What would cause material to boil up out the top of the machine from between the slats and the front panel?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cleaned up the drum on the net wrap and sprayed degreaser on it and it did nothing then I hit the break pad with a wire brush and and it made a huge difference, could hardly turn it. I went and baled 80 bales with no problem. Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have another question... any idea what would make the long arms on the side of the baler that eject the bale bend??? I had one side bend really bad and took it off and then the other side bent and pushed the hydraulic line into a drive chain and broke it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts