Hay & Forage Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 4 basket tedder this past spring. Hooked it to 4430 Deere and it wouldn't raise off the ground. Pressure checked out at 2300 psi. Increased pressure to 2500. Still would not lift. Hooked up to neighbors 5525 @ 2800, worked good. Why would Krone make a machine with such a small lift cylinder that requires that much pressure to operate? Not everyone has new tractors. Any one know what I might do to make it work on 30 series Deere? Don't want to turn pressure up on that old of tractor. I probably wouldn't ever buy anything else from Krone if this is any indication of how their equipment is built. Thanks for any help.

·
114 Posts
dealer here has problems with the pointed style of coupling krone stuff comes with. they change them over to the ball style when selling to people with older tractors.I had problem with new krone mower lowering using case ih 5240. switched couplers and it was fine

·
Goontard
1,785 Posts
I have run my Krone with an old Farmall 300. It will lift the wings if the oil is cold. After the oil warms up, I have to move the lever and it's held with the detent; meanwhile, I have to help (albeit only a little bit) lift the wings. The 300 will NEVER overcome the (I assume it is) accumulator which makes the little cylinder be the last to operate. The little cyl is the one that raises the front of the machine and lowers the tines to the ground level. My wings fold up, THEN it raises the tines...and opposite when lowering. My 300 WILL NOT move the small cylinder due to lack of pressure. It's a real PITA when I have it at a distant field and want to fold it up for truck transport.

73, Mark

PS, I don't know if the pressure can be changed in the little "accumulator" on top of the little cylinder? It could change pressure that is required to overcome it.

·
Hay Master
2,366 Posts
It's definitely something in your tractors hydraulics. We had the same problem with the Krone Tedder behind the IH 686, it wouldn't tilt back. It tilts fine behind the JD 5065M and the Kubota MX5100. Neither of those need adapters for newer equipment like the 686 does.

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's definitely something in your tractors hydraulics. We had the same problem with the Krone Tedder behind the IH 686, it wouldn't tilt back. It tilts fine behind the JD 5065M and the Kubota MX5100. Neither of those need adapters for newer equipment like the 686 does.
I don't see how it could be tractor hydraulic problem. I failed to mention in my first post, I increased pressure to 2600 psi and it worked until oil got warm. Could be adapters like Stickney farm posted. Maybe a Krone design problem. Has rained here most of the day, so I couldn't check adapters. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the input everyone. BTW,I really like the tedder,well built does great job.

·
Hay Master
2,366 Posts
I don't see how it could be tractor hydraulic problem. I failed to mention in my first post, I increased pressure to 2600 psi and it worked until oil got warm. Could be adapters like Stickney farm posted. Maybe a Krone design problem. Has rained here most of the day, so I couldn't check adapters. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the input everyone. BTW,I really like the tedder,well built does great job.
I'm not saying a tractor hydraulic problem per se, I believe it's got something to do with the flow going through your coupling. I didn't word it correctly the first time.

We've had the same problem with a pull-type bush hog, it'll go up but not down or down and not up and it's always been because someone picked out the wrong adapter for the 686.

·
10,016 Posts
For the record.....I wish I had a dollar for every time I've said "ain't no way it's that! I done checked it twice......." Most of the time it's those simple things.....a few years ago I took my 6420 with the deluxe SCV to the dealer for service on said SCV's (had a couple of leaks) get it back and nothing happens on the hydraulics....I look around, swap a few hoses, it's burning hot and the gnats are thick....gettin more pissed off cause nothing will work on the SCV's take another implement and hook up....nope not the implement.....checked everything again, wth.....proceed to call the dealer and chew their ass out, and the service manager asked me right off, "have you check the flow regulator on the outputs"..........:eek:
Apparently they turned them all down while servicing......and checking flow rates. Two hours lost time........And felt like a complete idiot whilst doing so...

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry you're having problems. I'm leaning towards a coupler issue. Has your dealer gotten involved? I'll help any way I can. Email is in my profile.
I'm thinking coupler also. Tedder has new style couplers and I just used adapters to change to 30 series Deere tractor. Very likely to be the problem. I haven't asked dealer for help. He's 3 hrs away,but I should've called him. Soon as weather permits,I'll change couplers and see what happens. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the offer to help. May contact yoh if I can't figure it out.

Devildawg, I agree with you completely. I don't know how many times over the years I have been p. O. at someone cause I thought they didn't do something they were supposed to do or did it wrong and come to find out it was me.Yes I felt like a complete idiot and,and when this is done, I'll probably be a complete idiot again. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I would never turn a JD 10-55 series tractor hyd's up over 2350 psi & 2600 psi is asking for hyd oil leaks.. Have you considered trying to put JD 30 series hyd tip on hose in lieu of using an adapter?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I agree with Jim. I have seen issues in the past with those adapters. Not saying that is the issue now, but it would be easy to eliminate as a possible cause. I'm not sure if the Deere pre ISO coupling is available with metric threads? We have a fitting that is metric female and male 1/2 Npt.. If you will email me your address, I'll send you a setup that will eliminate the adapter. (It will be Tuesday before I'm back in the office to get it shipped Is that ok?)

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree with Jim. I have seen issues in the past with those adapters. Not saying that is the issue now, but it would be easy to eliminate as a possible cause. I'm not sure if the Deere pre ISO coupling is available with metric threads? We have a fitting that is metric female and male 1/2 Npt.. If you will email me your address, I'll send you a setup that will eliminate the adapter. (It will be Tuesday before I'm back in the office to get it shipped Is that ok?)
Thanks Krone 1. If I can't find metric to 1/2 pipe local, I'll email you.

Tx Jim
I haven't tried J D tips, that is next step.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts