Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4250 john deere tractor with a power shift transmission. The rock shaft seal went out and my helper ran it low oil. I fix it and fill the transmission back up with oil. now the transmission filter light comes on sometime and also the red stop light. I change the oil filter and didn't help. The tractor runs and shift just like it did before this. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks Farm Dave

· Registered
5,731 Posts
Suction screen can be accessed by removing plug on LH of differential housing betw3een hyd filter & rear axle housing. One needs to cover hyd oil filler neck opening to create a vacuum in trans case or drain hyd oil in order to remove screen for inspection. Clutch valve is located to the rear of LH battery box.

· Registered
298 Posts
Jim I might be wrong since it is a 50 series but on a 55 it's not behind a plug. To get the screen out you have to take a small manifold off and a snap ring which allows you to remove the metal suction pipe then you can pull out the screen. The older power shift's and quad ranges were behind a threaded plug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts