Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to start working on equipment later in December and one of the things on my list is to figure out the Open Gate sensor. When I start baling for the first time after the baler has sit, the open gate chamber sensor will beep even when it is fully closed. After 2 or 3 bales, it tends to stop but every once in awhile it beeps particularly on rough ground. Also, every time I open the bale chamber to kick out a bale, an error code is thrown and beeps like crazy until I finally eject the bale and lower the gate. It has thrown the error code ever since I have owned it on bale eject. I am using the BaleTrak Plus monitor I believe. I only use netwrap.

If I replace the sensor, are there any tricks to getting it aligned? Will the error code still get thrown even with a new sensor? Should I replace both right and left side sensors at the same time?

I really want to get rid of the crazy beeping for the 15-20 seconds it takes to get rid of the bale and close gate, if possible.

· Registered
5,731 Posts
I suggest to check clearances on both gate locks with gate closed & bale chamber is empty. One can relocate shims to lessen the clearances. I cant remember the gate lock clearance spec's but that should listed in your balers operator's manual. Gate unlocked warning is controlled by a sensor on each side of bale chamber.

What is the number of the error code when opening rear gate?

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Sounds like you are saying it may be the gate lock rather than the sensor. I will research that.

I have to move the baler soon so I will hook it up and and recreate the opening closing to get the error code. I don't remember what it is. Could be a week or more before I hook it up and move.

· Registered
5,731 Posts
Channel 12 & 13 on the Bale -Trac monitor can be utilized to check gate latch switches. Yes too much slack between gate latch & baler frame can cause alarm to sound especially after sufficient hay has entered bale chamber to put pressure on tailgate moving lower portion of tailgate rearward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts