Hay & Forage Forum banner

JD 2270 Header issues

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  doggone29 
#1 ·
I bought a JD 2270 pretty cheap, knowing the header would not raise or lower. What might be the problem? I loosened one of the hoses on the controller and the header fell the rest of the way down to the ground. So, it was holding, it just won't move. Hydraulic fluid was pretty low when I went to pick it up. So I added some before we tried to move it. That is when we found out the header would not move. Thanks

#2 ·
Not real familiar with those, but if you can access the valve that sends oil to the cylinders, I would try to manually push/pull the spool to see if it reacts. If so then you have a linkage problem from the foot pedal (I think) to the valve. If that doesn't do it, could be in the valve spool assembly itself or somewhere between that and the cylinders.

Good Luck

#3 ·
Well I rebuilt the hydraulic controller. At least it does not leak now. I started it up and still nothing, the header will not raise up. I disconnected the hose coming from the charge pump that comes off of the hydrostatic drive and it has not fluid what so ever. I am going to pull the hose off and see if it is plugged. Probably not, but I am going to try. Does anyone know if you can pull all the parts of the charge pump out without removing the hydro motor itself? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#4 ·
If you have room in there, I'd think it would be worth a try. But at this time you may want to look at the technical manual. I googled John deere 2270 pdf and got a few hits. It may cost a little bit, but if you can down load and save a manual, you'll have it for the future too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.