Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
An ounce of doing is worth a pound of talk
1,246 Posts
We had -12 when we went out to feed this morning. Broke down the the spreader, so we had to feed off the flatbed trailer. We use the manure spreader to feed the big bales with. I was just thankful we didn't have any wind.

·
Registered
520 Posts
-11° this morning. Warmer than the last few . -26° wind chill. Animal health has been excellent. Machinery wise..... if it's not plugged in, it isn't going to run. Manure handling.......well lets just say there's no splash factor. If they could make concrete this solid , they'd have something. Off to work.......oh , and there aren't enough layers.

·
Hay Master
2,194 Posts
The coldest weather known to man is a "normal" southern Indiana winter with 31°, wind and rain. It is 3° here right now and going to see what we haven't seen in years, deep snow. Had 5" last week, most of which is still here. Going to get 8-12 more by Tuesday am and another storm Wednesday and Thursday looks to be another 6+.

·
An ounce of doing is worth a pound of talk
1,246 Posts
I can see that helping too. Should not be too hard to change it over.
Maybe someday I will look to see if I can without changing the direction of the deck, but what I really need to do is buy a piece of equipment built for feeding big bales. Unfortutantly there are other things that I need before I do that.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I have been in -70F before, once. It was cold, hard to breathe. -60F lots of times, not so bad. -50F most winters . I laugh when people say it must be terrible, -20 with humidity is much worse. Dry air is not so bad.
I would like to experience those temperatures. -10 can be common here. -20 would be rare.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.