Hay & Forage Forum banner
421 - 440 of 441 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello all, We are in central n.y. dairy and beef farm I have my wife helping me and one son I have had haytalk pop up to answer a few things I have googled so I thought I would jump in and tell you all that you are helpfull Thank You, Joe from Brooksvale Farms

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,978 Posts
Hello all, We are in central n.y. dairy and beef farm I have my wife helping me and one son I have had haytalk pop up to answer a few things I have googled so I thought I would jump in and tell you all that you are helpfull Thank You, Joe from Brooksvale Farms
Welcome to Haytalk!

Reactions: the farmer 3

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Welcome to HayTalk
What brand & model of tractors/hay equipment do you have? Where hay is involved this discussion forum has some very knowledgeable members.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there I'm Phil. I figured I would join in and introduce myself. I'm on other cattle forums and such. I'm 28 years old I've been starting and growing a cattle and hay operation from scratch. Currently I have a john deere 5310, new holland 315 baler, fahr tedder, and a new idea 400 rake. I work full time on a neighboring dairy but end goal/ plan is to be full time cattle and hay. I look forward to discussing and brainstorming with everyone on here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Fellas,
I’m JD and from central Alberta, Canada. I’m in my mid thirties and the son of a third generation grain farmer. I’m an engineer by trade but my dad recently retired from farming and I’d like to continue farming, however, every May when I’m supposed to be seeding, the plant I work at is shutdown for maintenance, and that is the busiest time of year for my job. This has me thinking of seeding down our three quarters to some type of alfalfa/hay rotation for the local dairies. Look forward to discussing that prospect with you guys on the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Small horse farm in so. Maine. Been haying small for the last 3 seasons. Bought a BFH 210 Enorossi sickle bar; it's been cutting poorly despite new blades...the NH 273 bales really well with a 955 Deere pulling it. Looking to discuss getting a disc mower, but the most I have is 40hp on a tired Kubota 4200.

·
Gourmet Horse Hay Producer
3,226 Posts
Small horse farm in so. Maine. Been haying small for the last 3 seasons. Bought a BFH 210 Enorossi sickle bar; it's been cutting poorly despite new blades...the NH 273 bales really well with a 955 Deere pulling it. Looking to discuss getting a disc mower, but the most I have is 40hp on a tired Kubota 4200.
I pulled a 273 with a 950 for several years. Ate the pto clutch. Just saying you might not want that as a long term strategy. That said, I loved that handy little tractor. 24d with loaded 28 rears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Hay talk. I am new to this forum and site and looking for information on a Case IH 8830 Swather , Specifically , anyone who has experience with the 18 foot draper tables , and also any other advice on the rest of the swather as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I'm Bouke and from the Netherlands, but now living in Germany, close to the border (bridge to far, Arnhem area). I make about 3500 small bales a year for horses. Until last year I used a Mc Cormick B47, But this year I bought a new New Holland BC 5060 and a Krone Activemow 360. Both machines are speeding up the hay making proces😀. If you want to see what I'm doing you can look on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/boukemaas/videos

Greetings from Germany

·
Registered
375 Posts
Greetings from the USA, and welcome to Haytalk! That looks like a very nice baler. They must paint them yellow for Europe, over here, New Holland is red.

Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
Greetings from central Florida. I’m Jeremy, a homesteader on 20 acres. We do some livestock with Dexter cattle and chickens, I use hay for the animals and for Ruth Stout potato gardening. I have a new holland 575 i am having some trouble with (posted in the machinery forum). I don’t do hay as a business (maybe i would if i could get the baler to be reliable!) but i do sell the surplus once in a while.

421 - 440 of 441 Posts