Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all, just wanted to stop in and introduce myself before I start asking all the noob questions.

My name is Zach and we recently got into cattle and hay. $30k later we have the needed equipment to start producing our own hay. We will be working 60 acres this year and hope to expand over the next few seasons.

We run a NH T4.75 tractor, Vermeer 5420 baler with net, Sitrex 8 wheel rake, Sitrex 4 basket tedder, and a Kuhn 9' disc mower.

If this rain will let up we might get 1st cutting off before July.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks all for the warm welcome. I can see from looking around that this site is a treasure trove of info for us noobs in the business. I have been reading quite a bit.

Next week looks like we may actually get three straight days of sun, if that's the case I'll be out rolling my first bales. Wish me luck!

PS- Which forum do we go to for emergency field repairs and troubleshooting? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Either Machinery or Tractor forums. If you have a NH piece of equipment you can look at the "pinned" topic at the top of the Machinery heading.

Or, you can do a internet search for a particular piece of machinery or tractor problem and quite often you will see some responses directly from haytalk listed. Or, you can use the site search box on top right....but it does have a few glitches sometimes.

Regards, Mike
Thanks for the pointers Mike.

Of course I broke a chain on my baler twice on Tuesday. Quick repair and chain adjustment after the second time and I was up and running.

Put 72 bales on the ground over a three day period.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts