Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 'twine lottery' that is.

I was out baling square bales today (which is a totally weird thing to be doing in Western PA in the 2nd week of October). Made some of the nicest, if not nicest, 2nd cutting OG/T hay of the year.

When I got to the end of the day and was cleaning off the baler, I peeked in the twine box to see how much twine was left. This is what I found.
Hood Automotive lighting Headgear Red Material property

I was about three good plunger strokes from unthreading on that side.

Clearly I should have parked the tractor and ran down to the C-store and bought a PowerBall ticket....

· Hay Master (Supposedly)
4,080 Posts
Lol! When that happens DON’T go run and buy a lotto ticket. You’ve used up all your luck already.

· Registered
2,371 Posts
It was a great day for baling. We made some of the driest 3rd cutting this year. We also were playing with twine. I had one the I opened stupid and sliced a few outside strands 2 years ago and felt yesterday was a good day to work it down. Had my son on dirt bike riding behind baler with twine lid open so if ran out could stop my uncle before it went through.
The 'twine lottery' that is.

I was out baling square bales today (which is a totally weird thing to be doing in Western PA in the 2nd week of October). Made some of the nicest, if not nicest, 2nd cutting OG/T hay of the year.

When I got to the end of the day and was cleaning off the baler, I peeked in the twine box to see how much twine was left. This is what I found.
View attachment 92550
I was about three good plunger strokes from unthreading on that side.

Clearly I should have parked the tractor and ran down to the C-store and bought a PowerBall ticket....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts