Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
G'day fellas

I own a Hesston 8500 small square baler on which I managed to damage the needles through failure of the ram guard.

Tried to get replacements only to be told initially that no such baler was in existence. After I informed the supplier that I had the operators manual and the baler had Hesston Fiatagri 8500 painted on the chassis, I was then told it was no longer a supported product ( its about 20 yrs old).

Could anyone tell me if they have come across an 8500 or do I own the only one in the known world. Also if one is out there, will the needles off a Hesston 4500 do the job. Have ordered 4500 needle out of desperation.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks Pete

· Super Moderator
15,151 Posts
Pete, did the needle break clean without bending?

My mechanic heavily brazed a needle(JD) for a friend of his and it is still working as far as I know...it had a very very slight bend in it but would clear everything and brush the knotter.

Regards, Mike

· Registered
166 Posts
Never heard of that model either, my guess is that it is a European version, but I'd be willing to bet that the needles are pretty much the same. Some of those Hesston needles were partly cast iron and steel. Look closely and you can see if it has a weld bead about 12" from the eye. Is this an inline or side feed?

Pete, did the needle break clean without bending?

My mechanic heavily brazed a needle(JD) for a friend of his and it is still working as far as I know...it had a very very slight bend in it but would clear everything and brush the knotter.

Regards, Mike

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for quick responses.

Both needles bent like billhooks. Surprised they did not break as I thought they were castings. This means that I can't use one as a template to fix the other and tolerances on needle are pretty fine.

Yes think it is a model out of Europe because of Fiatagri logo on manual and baler. Also hoping that needle design does not vary greatly between models. Would think it likely that needles would be the same as it would appear to be an expensive exercise to re-tool for different models. Its a side feed unit.

Again thanks for speed in replies.

Pete

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just received your link to the manual which I am now printing.

Your bloods worth bottling mate. I have spent endless hours, and numerous bottles of red, on the net searching for that publication.

My dealer has some pretty good contacts when he has a Part No to work with.

Will let you know how things pan out.

Only found this site by accident while hunting around for info. Got to be lucky sometimes.

Pete

· Registered
881 Posts
Just received your link to the manual which I am now printing.

Your bloods worth bottling mate. I have spent endless hours, and numerous bottles of red, on the net searching for that publication.

My dealer has some pretty good contacts when he has a Part No to work with.

Will let you know how things pan out.

Only found this site by accident while hunting around for info. Got to be lucky sometimes.

Pete
Not to sound sarcastic but I have always found it better to be lucky then good most of the time lol

Best of luck in getting the needles you need asap

9,579 Posts
G'day fellas

I own a Hesston 8500 small square baler on which I managed to damage the needles through failure of the ram guard.
Tried to get replacements only to be told initially that no such baler was in existence. After I informed the supplier that I had the operators manual and the baler had Hesston Fiatagri 8500 painted on the chassis, I was then told it was no longer a supported product ( its about 20 yrs old).

Could anyone tell me if they have come across an 8500 or do I own the only one in the known world. Also if one is out there, will the needles off a Hesston 4500 do the job. Have ordered 4500 needle out of desperation.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks Pete
Welcome to Haytalk hartpd! Lots of good folk on this site from Austrailia

· Registered
292 Posts
Pete - where in Oz are you located? I have a good friend in Perth that can bend, fabricate and weld anything.

BTW just remember to turn the manual upside down and read in reverse and I think things will work for you.

· Super Moderator
15,151 Posts
Thanks again. Just home from dealership hunting for part and found this on the front veranda. 5 ft tiger snake. Nasty aggressive snake. All that was to hand was an old broken rake and a pair of rose pruning shears.

Pete
Wow....are there frequent venomous reptilian visitors at your homeplace? Ever bale any of the devils up?

Regards, Mike

· Registered
1 Posts
buenos dias amigos

Tengo una empacadora cuadrada pequeña Hesston 8500 en la que logré dañar las agujas debido a una falla en la protección del pistón.

Intenté obtener reemplazos solo para que me dijeran inicialmente que no existía tal empacadora. Después de informarle al proveedor que tenía el manual del operador y que la empacadora tenía Hesston Fiatagri 8500 pintado en el chasis, me dijeron que ya no era un producto admitido (tiene alrededor de 20 años).

¿Alguien podría decirme si se han encontrado con un 8500 o si tengo el único en el mundo conocido? Además, si hay uno por ahí, ¿las agujas de un Hesston 4500 harán el trabajo? He pedido 4500 agujas por desesperación.

Agradezco cualquier ayuda.

gracias pete
[/CITA]
Bsu escrito es del 2015 yo tengo una 8500 igual a la suya besito el manual del operador que usted tiene estoy ubicado en Maracay Edo Aragua Venezuela me puede ayudar

· Hay Master (Supposedly)
4,101 Posts
good morning friends

I have a Hesston 8500 small square baler on which I managed to damage the needles due to a piston guard failure.

I tried to get replacements only to be told initially that there was no such baler. After telling the supplier that I had the operator's manual and that the baler had Hesston Fiatagri 8500 painted on the chassis, I was told that it was no longer a supported product (it is about 20 years old).

Can anyone tell me if they have come across an 8500 or if I have the only one in the world known? Also, if there is one out there, will the needles from a Hesston 4500 do the job? I have ordered 4500 needles out of desperation.

I appreciate any help.

thanks pete
[/APPOINTMENT]
Your writing is from 2015 I have an 8500 equal to yours I kiss the operator's manual that you have I am located in Maracay Edo Aragua Venezuela can you help me

[The above is the previous post (#16) translated from Spanish to English via google translate.]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts