Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
38 Posts
I posted a video of the driveshaft of this swather a couple of years ago it was the one that vibrated like a snake in the video. I now have it running and fixed a few of the other issues. I now am trying to fix some other issues inthe driveline. The gearbox on the 1340, this one is a drawbar hitch model, is supported b 2 bushings at he tip and bottom of the box and the torque is taken care of by a yoke that fits over the box and slides over a shaft connected to the tongue. The shaft/bushing at the top of the gearbox is broken from the plate and I know that the bottom bushing must be worn also. However to get to the bottom bushing requires taking off the belt, and the pulley. A major job. I need to start cutting next week and this looks like a 3 day job due to my physical limitations. I am thinking about just repairing the shaft and bushing at the top, maybe using a Nylatron bushing instead of the bronze one, and putting a layer of nylon, urethane, or even rubber as a cushion between the gearbox plate with the shaft/pin, and the top plate to cushion some of the vibration and maybe help to keep the gearbox perpendicular.. Any suggestions? I am sure all this problem is from that bad driveshaft before I got it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.