Hay & Forage Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
10,016 Posts
I believe I would get the updated interface for iPad use.....I wish more companies would do that. Kudos to them....the iPad is a fantastic product, very durable and has proven to be very reliable. The proprietary systems that most use are very expensive, and are soon outdated in today’s electronic environment. It would make more sense to me to have most interfaced with iPad or Chromebook....if it goes bad, you can simply go to your fav electronics retailer and get another for $600. And of course it has many other uses than just a monitor for the EQ.....

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Dawg,

The only problem I have (I have both the 'old' version on my RB and the I-pad on my SS baler), the better half has gotten use to using the I-pad for stuff (e-mail, on-line order, etc.), because the screen is bigger than her smart phone. :eek: When I go to SS bale, have to wrestle the I-pad out of her hands. Don't tell me to get another I-pad, I'm to cheap (thrifty I call it :cool: ).

Larry

Reactions: somedevildawg

·
5,681 Posts
Check around with family, lot of folks toss old one in a drawer when it’s not the latest and greatest. My personal phone is an 8+ year old iPhone and the comments you get from people in their teens or twenties show their attitude towards devices more than a couple of years old.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Larry if she's been puttin up with you all of these years...she deserves her very own iPad....(and that frees yours up :D) win/win
Ok, you got me thinking, I have to start 'saving up', got nine years and a few days until 50th. Have to see if she keeps me around or not first. :p

Larry

Reactions: somedevildawg

·
“Not a real farmer” farmer
10,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the old school wire cable and the mount all set up in my other tractor.
Id prefer the traditional monitor, but if mine takes a dump, I may go the iPad route. I have 2 old I pads just sitting on my shelf.

·
Super Moderator
11,028 Posts
Check around with family, lot of folks toss old one in a drawer when it’s not the latest and greatest. My personal phone is an 8+ year old iPhone and the comments you get from people in their teens or twenties show their attitude towards devices more than a couple of years old.
I still have either a iPhone 4 or 5 in the desk drawer that works just fine.Kinda liking the iPhone 12 though.

·
5,681 Posts
I still have either a iPhone 4 or 5 in the desk drawer that works just fine.Kinda liking the iPhone 12 though.
In the time since this post I updated to a "new" iPhone 6, sure eats up more pocket space though!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts