Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We bought a Hardi Nav550 sprayer off an auction to spray hay with. Didn’t have an issue all season and now the booms won’t fold in. We’ve ran it on different tractors throughout the yr with no issues and tried switching tractors but still nothing.

The wings fold using one outlet straight from the tractor. They enter a small control valve on the back and go out to the cylinders on the wings. It looks hooked up correctly according to the diagram. We took the resistors out of the cylinders and blew them out. If you take an end off of one hose we have oil circulating back to the tractor but still nothing. Any thoughts?? Any way to trouble shoot??

·
Registered
14 Posts
My boom hydraulics go thru a solenoid block. If yours is the same i assume 1 of your solenoids is not working. Do you have the joystick with buttons you have to push as you operate the hydraulics?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The hydraulics just operate on the hydraulic lever in the tractor .. no joystick or buttons.. we have another hardi that is like that tho

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I played with it some more today to try to figure out if I could get it to do anything. I might be more confused.. the cylinders on the wings have restrictors on one connection ... if I remove the restrictors oil pukes out all over and the wings fold up... if I put the restrictors back in oil will spray out but the wings won’t fold? Like they are restricting too much oil that the cylinders won’t retract?

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
The restrictors are installed only to control boom folding speed. If you can control boom folding speed to your satisfaction I'd lease the restrictors out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s my thought Tx Jim. I called Hardi and spoke with a tech and he originally said they could be drilled out if need be. Then he called me back and said that perhaps one of the seals in either of the wing cylinders is out and letting too much oil pass by that the restrictors can’t move it fast enough. Makes sense I guess. He said it’d just have to be one wing that isn’t working to make both not move. Seal kit can’t be that $$ so I’m going to try that before modifying parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts