Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
10,015 Posts
I don't have room inside for mine. It's chained to a power pole....
Well mike, at least yours is chained to a utility pole.....last time I used mine it took a while to locate (let someone borrow my equipment locator) and when I did locate it, had to remove it from a good sized bed of fire ants and unsieze the shaft by chaining the unit to a power pole, perhaps I should at least go ahead and chain it to the power pole, if nothing else, it would save me one step......

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lesson learned for me... Auger, has been hanging by a chain in a tree for many years... Works great right up to the point where you leave the pto shaft leaning on the tree... Months maybe years later you need to use it... Where's the pto shaft???

You look everywhere 3 times, knowing it has to be here somewhere... After many wasted days and more wasted days you realize the pto shaft is gone and most likely has been trampled deep into the mud around the tree by your Longhorns....

Then you take the half an auger to an old tractor place for identification... Then it hits you when he says, "That there is a Danuser F8, the Cadillac of augers... Wow! Next your talking with Glenn Danuser, (great guy) who sells you a conversion kit for around $350 plus shipping. Props to Danuser for having a kit available! The good news; the kit gave my auger new life for many years...

Amazing is the moment you realize what you have and how poorly you treated it! Now for a little effort the Danuser has it's place in the corner ready to go!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts