Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gourmet Horse Hay Producer
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a summer of dependable just In time rainfall, September, when we typically overseeding, has gone dry. No rain in the 10 day. Glad I skipped overseeding this year as a prec for prowl application in spring

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got one field that I worked about a month ago and is still empty. Scared to put the seed it and have it germinate and die between the tenths we've been getting every 15-20 days. May end up doing ww later on and teff next summer if I can't get the OG and RC in the ground in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
JD 7320, NH7230, Krone 5.52T, Krone 42T, JD 348, MXU 110, Farmall 656, Farmall H, Esch 5607
78 Posts
After a summer of dependable just In time rainfall, September, when we typically overseeding, has gone dry. No rain in the 10 day. Glad I skipped overseeding this year as a prec for prowl application in spring
If you get the grass up and it over winters well the Prowl won't hurt it in the spring. What you need to watch is over seeding next year.

·
Gourmet Horse Hay Producer
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you get the grass up and it over winters well the Prowl won't hurt it in the spring. What you need to watch is over seeding next year.
Local spray company was not supportive ofspraying in spring following fall overseeding

1 - 4 of 4 Posts