Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
263 Posts
I am surprised none of you (that I saw) mentioned weaning by the "moonsign". I have been weaning horses by the moonsign for 20 years and it seems to help. I know it is stupid, unscientific, mumbo jumbo....but it is also free.

I have had several good vets tell me they do the same. Don't know why, but why fight it. It's free.

·
263 Posts
Moonsigns is a belief, that bodily functions are affected by the phases of the moon. I find it an outlandish concept, but my grand father who was an old German and my aunt ( a great gardener) carefully adhered to moon signs for planting their crops and harvesting their crops. All you need to do is refer to the farmers Almanac for the best time to wean children or animals. I don't think there's any way to prove this scientifically. But because I have had good luck weaning my high-strung racehorse babies by the moon sign, I figure why not just go to the Almanac 2020 November weaning and get recommended dates

Look, I am a scientist by training, and find this concept to be odd, but I have had good success and easy weaning using this calendar, so why fight it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.