Hay & Forage Forum banner
181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ford 7000 Michael Keaton's ranch next door owned it so dad and grandpa told me I was running the bat mobile tractor. I took it when we sold that Montana ranch it started when nothing else would in the winter. Eventually sold it to a coworker he loves it 6k hrs and running like a top

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have 2.
An International 300U
As well as an International 460 Diesel.
Learned to drive the 300 when I was 7. Picking stones and roots. I have the one I grew up with, and two more. Love those tractors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would have to say my favorite tractor growing up was our ford 2600 diesel. I remember every spring and every fall tilling our 20 acre field with a 7ft 3pt disk. No cab, no radio. Even though it would take me about a good 8 hours to cover the whole field, and if it was hard soil and dry that year I would have to go over it twice to get a decent seed bed. I did this from the age of 8 to 19, then the field was passed down to me and now I work it with a JD 5100e with a cab and a 12ft pull type disk. even though it was not to much fun with the old ford, I will always remember it. I also just bought the tractor from my dad and I just got done with fall tillage, with the old 2600. I just wanted to bring back old memories. We now have 8700 hours on the tractor, with I have never heard of a 2600 with that many hours on it, it is just built like a tank and keeps trucking along.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have had the D17 as long as I can remember. That tractor has done everything from baling to pulling a wagon load of boy scouts out back camping. The spring seat suspension bounced me around a bit I can remember the 1st time I threw the hi/ low range hand lever forward after dropping the a hay wagon at edge of hay field. I feel the D17 will be running even after I run out of gas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dad had a moline 670 that one’s pretty special uncle had a farmall m first tractor I got to drive guy I worked for had an ih 1206 another favorite but a d17 Allis has to be the one out of tractor I personally owned

·
Registered
1 Posts
Growing up my grandpa had about 100 2 cylinder john deere tractors and I loved every one of them as a kid, playing on them and jumping on all of them pretending I was a big farmer. But he had a 856 that everytime he let me go for a ride on it I felt like that was the best tractor ever built in my little kid mind. Then I would plow with it when I got older and still loved that thing, obviously years later I realized it wasn't the greatest tractor ever but I sure do still love to see it.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts