Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting tired of taking a rap from the media over the farm bill. 21% of the total budget goes to farmers. I know as hay farmers we qualify for little of nothing but we are still farmers and directly or indirectly we supply support to food and recreation. Foods Stamps = 79%. Here is an article on the break down. http://sustainableagriculture.net/blog/2014-farm-bill-by-numbers/

Welfare and food stamps offer no incentitive to stop sucking on the bottle. The government is paying people not to work. I am not aposed to charity but it is designed to get you out of the rut not keep you in it. Feed the hogs in the pen and they will not get out. Stop feeding and some will figure how to get thru the fence.

That's my rant.

PS. Most of Capitol Hill are welfare receiptants ... leaches on society.

·
Full of questionable knowledge.
5,220 Posts
I am getting tired of taking a rap from the media over the farm bill. 21% of the total budget goes to farmers. I know as hay farmers we qualify for little of nothing but we are still farmers and directly or indirectly we supply support to food and recreation. Foods Stamps = 79%. Here is an article on the break down. http://sustainableagriculture.net/blog/2014-farm-bill-by-numbers/

Welfare and food stamps offer no incentitive to stop sucking on the bottle. The government is paying people not to work. I am not aposed to charity but it is designed to get you out of the rut not keep you in it. Feed the hogs in the pen and they will not get out. Stop feeding and some will figure how to get thru the fence.

That's my rant.

PS. Most of Capitol Hill are welfare receiptants ... leaches on society.
*Note to self* No time now to comment, but remember to come back later and rant about food stamps.

·
“Not a real farmer” farmer
10,991 Posts
I don't want a divided states of America, but with all the takers on the liberal side, you'd have to wonder how the liberals could possibly generate enough money to survive if the conservatives left them. . They'd have no conservatives to steal....I mean get tax money from. Lol

·
Full of questionable knowledge.
5,220 Posts
Ok why is called a Farm Bill when it mostly is food stamp or whatever it is they call food stamps now? Also the junk about them arguing over the last few years to reduce the size by just a measly percentage. How about limiting food stamp purchases to just food staples. Like bread, cheese, veggies, fruit. This could cause a cut of a tremendous amount. But no. Keep giving money away so the people won't work for themselves.

Reactions: FarmerCline

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Food stamps have to be one of the most messed up programs around. While we were trying to get the wife's disability for some odd reason she qualified for food stamps for ONE month, you can buy pop, potato chips, Dorito's and a plethora of other junk food, you can also buy crab legs, lobster, filet mignon, but no soap, laundry detergent, shampoo, cleaning supplies, etc. Food stamps should cover the staples period. Hamburger, potatoes, vegetables, milk, and basic cleaning supplies. If you want junk food or lobster then go get a job and pay for it yourself.

We have friends that do the foster thing and some of the kids get WIC, thats almost as messed up in the fact you get a voucher for milk, a voucher for cereal, etc. BUT the sizes are messed up. For example if the voucher is for 16 ozs of something you have to buy the 16oz size which is fine, but some thing are now offered in a 15.5 oz size. Or if its for 15 oz's they won't cover the 16 oz size. Most of the time the friends wife gets so aggravated trying to find the exactly right thing thats listed on the voucher she says the hell with it and pays for it out of pocket. That or you might end up going to three different stores before you find it.

·
721 Posts
I drive a truck for a pretty much high end grocery chain and some of the stuff the store managers tell me about food stamps make me cringe. Such as the woman who bought over $400.00 of high end items (Filet Migon and the above mentioned Lobster Tail) and loaded them up in a new Lincoln Navigator one of the most abused systems in bunch of other abused systems there is. Should consist of only the basic items such as milk, dried beans, cheaper lines of cereal and such, most who are on food stamps do not work so they have time to cook so they should have to buy items that are not ready to eat so they have to get off their lazy ass and at least do a little something for themselves. One store manager told me its a damn shame him and his wife both work long hours and buy sirloin when it is on sale and have tax money taken out of their check to pay for deadbeats lobster tail. About sums it up.

·
“Not a real farmer” farmer
10,991 Posts
Way back, I only had to work. Then my wife had to work, but not to a point of full time. Then my wife had to work full time like me. Then my wife had to tutor on the side and we both coach sports for some extra money. Meanwhile we get less time with our kids.
All the while I see healthy people living in new public housing using a access card to buy pretty much whatever food they want.

The liberals are desperate to get the country flooded with illegals and make it legal for them to vote so they can outnumber those who still work. The poor are enslaving those with money to pay for everything they are unwilling to work for.

Liberals are winning the battle.
2104 mid terms will determine if they won this battle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.