Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody getting a decent insurance rate on a F450? The best I have been able to come up with for liability for 99 F450 is just a few dollars a month from what full coverage on my 2018 silverado that is fully loaded cost, The F450 is my service truck. Both trucks have farm tags. My insurance guy said he would just not insure it no more than it is on the road. I need a new insurance guy that is a given. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I take it is is not law to have liability insurance there then???

·
Registered
200 Posts
We have a local insurance company he works through Liberty mutual does our insurance for all the tractors and trucks. He gives us reasonable rates but even then f450 is classified as commercial even if it’s farm registered so insurance is always higher.

·
203 Posts
Insurance on our F550 is about the same as the F250 and the CRV. through a small, local company and an agent who is also a farmer. Took some shopping around.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is Josh. Yes Mark that commercial is the added cost even if you use as a farm truck.
Mike can you pm me a contact for your insurance guy it is worth a shot.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
My 1/2 ton with a flatbed with bale spikes has commercial insurance due to having flatbed. Commercial insurance is cheaper than regular auto insurance. My auto/equipment/home insurance is with Germania. In 30 plus yrs of Germania Ins coverage I've had several claims including a tractor burning,rd baler burning,disc hay cutter on 2 occasions hitting obstructions in hay field & truck damage from hitting an animal

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yes it is Josh. Yes Mark that commercial is the added cost even if you use as a farm truck.
Mike can you pm me a contact for your insurance guy it is worth a shot.
An insurance agent was actually telling you to just not insure it for all the more you'd be driving it?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim my commercial insurance is 4 or 5 times higher for liability on the f450.
Josh he said that is he would do rather than pay the rate they want.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
seventyfourci
If you don't mind could you provide you present insurance co? I've had State Farm Auto insurance & presently have Germania. Germania is located in Brenham,Tx. Germania is substantially cheaper than State Farm auto.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Could always give Gieco a try. I have had them for years now and every time I go to get a quote to replace it, they just can't be beat. Since I am looking to finance a new tractor that will require insurance, I just went and got some quotes for home and auto and equipment, and other than the tractor, they all came back substantially higher than what I pay now. Only the home insurance went down, but not enough to justify a change.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AC I will give them a shot but on the old interweb they do not even list a F450. No one has a F450 listed. Every one I have received a estimate from I had to do it on the phone which kinda chaps my ass because I have all the info in the first email and I can forward it but not no but hell no. I am a 1 man show and the daylight does not last very long. Between feeding livestock and checking cows and calfs and lets not forget the idiot bricks I really do not have time to be on hold. Enough of my rant.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts