Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
They say you’re a man of vision....
3,053 Posts
Fabulous Vol. I'm not a true no-tiller by any stretch of the imagination, but since I've noticed a rapid decline in our earthworm populations, I've become much more of a believer in it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fabulous Vol. I'm not a true no-tiller by any stretch of the imagination, but since I've noticed a rapid decline in our earthworm populations, I've become much more of a believer in it.
I had an opportunity to add a no till corn planter & when I started youtubing for some info I have a ton of questions from the videos. One person said that NT (no till) makes conditions good for pests & vermin to multiply. Also having to use herbicides, etc. make me very concerned ( I am a beekeeper, & believe that micro-organisms are destroyed by all the cides) for soil health. I am a novice homesteader & my dilemma's are many. Try to raise crops successfully to feed my animals w/out going crazy from weeds, etc. I would love some fact based articles on how long any of these stay in the ground. I am working on old potato grounds & my first 50x100' garden plowing I saw 3 worms in the entire area.
The areas where my animals graze is turning out well, but do I fence off my entire lot or use fertilizers & Lime?

·
Hay Master
4,953 Posts
I've noticed a significant drop in lightning bugs over the last few years. Causes me to wonder why.

Ralph

1 - 4 of 4 Posts