Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just bought a 2006 JD 730 moco this last summer. It's a center pivot (so it goes on either side of the tractor) and love it. Was in between deere and NH when shopping and didn't find much difference in their price around here in Ohio. JD keep their value and are good mowers... I do have red tractors though!lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I always laugh when I hear people say John Deere holds their resale, they must all go to a different math class than the rest of us. When you pay just as much or more for your John Deere equipment, especially when you are trading John Deere for John Deere, how is that a better resale value? If John Deere holds their resale any better than you should be paying less when you trade JD for JD, otherwise you are getting milked!

New Holland makes the best equipment and is backed by the best dealers, that is what matters the most (dealer).

·
Gourmet Horse Hay Producer
3,228 Posts
deleted response

·
Super Moderator
15,823 Posts
Cannot remember the exact circumstance, but the original poster of this thread has had his posting disabled and has been banned.

Just thought we might save you some thought response. We probably just should have deleted this thread...sorry.

Regards, Mike

·
Super Moderator
15,823 Posts
I always laugh when I hear people say John Deere holds their resale, they must all go to a different math class than the rest of us. When you pay just as much or more for your John Deere equipment, especially when you are trading John Deere for John Deere, how is that a better resale value? If John Deere holds their resale any better than you should be paying less when you trade JD for JD, otherwise you are getting milked!

New Holland makes the best equipment and is backed by the best dealers, that is what matters the most (dealer).
Why do you laugh....John Deere holds its value better than any American made tractor. Let me give you 2 examples....1990 JD 2355 I purchased new....four years later I was offered 24,000 for it. 2010 5095M with SL 563 loader I bought in 2011 with 150 hours on it and paid 48,000 and I have now been offered 55,000 for it. These are flat out sale offers....not trade in.

This is common with JD owners.

Your right about dealers....there are good and bad New Holland dealers just like there are good and bad JD dealers.

Have you ever owned a John Deere tractor.....or are you basing your statements on what you think you know?

Regards, Mike

·
Gourmet Horse Hay Producer
3,228 Posts
Mike-just asking, if you ban them how do they return?

·
Registered
5 Posts
By stating again that "John Deere holds its value better than any American made tractor" you are basing that off of your like of John Deere and some supposive numbers that were offered to you. I didn't degrade John Deere and their products in what I said I simply stated that all John Deere people think their products and resale is better than everyone else and that is simply not true. Do you not think other brands resale values increase over time, lets talk about a Ford 7710 if you want to talk about resale values?

Oh yeah, and how many John Deere tractors are actually american made, very little just like any other company!

And no I have never owned a John Deere tractor, have driven some and they perform the job quite well, but no better than any other brand! FACT!

·
3,912 Posts
I bought a new Deere three years ago. I have been offered more than I paid for it.

My BIL bought a popular off brand last year. Said it was better than my Deere because he has a 5 year warranty, zero percent financing. He has decided to sell the almost new tractor and discovered he will take a soaking if he does.

Deere is an American company. So are some other brands. Not many American vehicles are 100% made in America these days. They are still American owned companies.

I do not know of another brand of tractor that holds it's resale value as well as Deere. I am not color blind. I run two other brands of tractors beside Deere.

·
348 Posts
By stating again that "John Deere holds its value better than any American made tractor" you are basing that off of your like of John Deere and some supposive numbers that were offered to you. I didn't degrade John Deere and their products in what I said I simply stated that all John Deere people think their products and resale is better than everyone else and that is simply not true. Do you not think other brands resale values increase over time, lets talk about a Ford 7710 if you want to talk about resale values?

Oh yeah, and how many John Deere tractors are actually american made, very little just like any other company!

And no I have never owned a John Deere tractor, have driven some and they perform the job quite well, but no better than any other brand! FACT!
Have you seen the "tractorbynet" forum? ;)

·
Super Moderator
15,823 Posts

I do like JD, but I could not afford JD when I started farming many years ago. I started farming with MF.

Some models of other brands do increase in value. But as a whole, JD holds its resale value better than any other american tractor....now JD does have some tractors built in other countries...mainly Mexico and India....but most of their line is built here....which is a far cry from "very little".

Do you always introduce yourself with making disparaging statements towards a large segment of folks when you join a "new to you forum"? That is precisely what you did in your very first post on this site when you talk about how John Deere users "makes you laugh". I suppose you are a Mahindra owner judging by your nickname? There have been several responses to your thread, but not one poster has said anything negative about Mahindra. We have all kinds of tractor brand users on this site.....we do not run anyone down for their brand preference or use.....we do what we have to do sometimes because we love this great land that allows us to enjoy our passion.....agriculture.

You will make alot more friends on this site if you do not ostracize folks over the type of equipment they use....

Oh, btw, welcome to haytalk. :)

Regards, Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
By stating that "John Deere holds its value better than any other American tractor" is that not a diaparaging comment towards others when it is simply not true!! If John Deere product is so much better the other brands and holds its value so much better than why are the other companies still in business, again it simply is not true and is funny that John Deere guys like yourselves get pissed off when someone tells it the way it is.

To say that "most of their line is built here" again is simply not true. They have tractors built in Japan, China, Russia, and Brazil as well. Oh, and they are using Fiat engines in some of their tractors now as well as buying their Tier 4 engine exhaust system from Fiat as well because they don't have the brains to come up with their own, or should I say they royally screwed up the engine exhaust system they came up with the first time and that is why there is a huge lawsuit in the USA and a ton of combines that burnt to the ground!

KEEP BELIEVING!

·
Registered
355 Posts
mahindra2877, what's your deal? You have a total of 3 post and all negative. So you don't like JD. No big deal. You do not have to buy one. Someones opinion about a brand is their opinion. Not a law. I'm not a big JD fan but I do have a JD. Three as a matter of fact. Along with a Ford and a IH. There's even an old AC outside. They all do their job. But I do know JD has a reputation for holding value. The 4020 which was built from '63 to '72 was a $10k tractor. Until just a few years ago it was $10k tractor.How many other 50 yr old tractors has that value. That's what the above posters are stating. To each his/her own.

No ill feelings but I think you have this forum confused with another. You're not gonna get the riot you're looking for here. Try TBN. They love a good fight.

Top of the day to you.

·
5,884 Posts
Maihindra I'm not a JD tractor fan either but bashing them and their owners is a bit much. If you're going to keep it up I'm guessing you will find yourself unwelcome.

For everyone else, have you guys noticed the resale values lately on Magnum's and some of the 7800 Deeres? Some models around here must be 50% more than a few years ago.

Reactions: Vol
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.