Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well the biggest thing is you applied it in July. The best time to apply is do an application in the fall then do 2 more in the spring. 2-4d and dicamba don’t kill grass only broadleaf. That said if I were you, I would spray glyphosate around 2pints an acre then plow it over in 2-4days. Then wait for any kind of regrowth and spray glyphosate with 24d or dicamba because you’ll probably have broadleaf pop up as well. That way you damage the grass and destroy the rootsystem and will not allow for recovery.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I contracted the spraying out to a large, well-established and respected outfit. I'm confident they use fresh product.
A well established and respected outfit doesn’t make me confident in them. They might’ve had uncalibrated equipment or the outfit had to get rid of glyphosate that was old.one of the reasons they could’ve messed up the rate is if quite a bit of rinsate was put into the tank. I still find it odd why they would spray 24d to spray grass just very confusing. I would understand if it was infested with broad leaf.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts