Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone heard of this kit? What exactly does it do? I am wondering if this would help hold our density system pressure during wrapping.
Font Office supplies Paper Paper product Document

Font Parallel Illustration Paper Paper product

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem I run into, and am looking to solve, is that in certain circumstances, with a full bale or near full bale, the pressure in the density system can drop to zero or near zero. If that happens the belts will start slipping. As far as I know the pressure control valve is not leaking, as I’m told can happen on RB balers with some age on them. It seems to be entirely a bale shrink issue, a combination of low density pressures required to form the bale, material that will drop out of gaps between the belts and floor roll, and a material that will continue to compress as the bale is turning. This is only ever a problem if the bale is turning in the chamber and no crop is entering.

·
2,744 Posts
It would probably help some, but the amount of oil in the accumulator would be minimal so you might not gain much.

The only option I can think of, is if you have electronic controlled tension then set the core pressure for the majority of the bale and have the pressure increase the last couple of inches so there would be more pressure available to bleed off.

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Density pressure control is mechanical on my balers. I don’t think it would take much of a volume reserve to do the job. As it is, there is zero reserve (except for the spring at the bottom of the right tension cylinder) and most of the time there isn’t a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts