Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I've been keeping tabs with folks in the Sioux Falls area and Fremont NE. Buddy's mom was evacuated from her home near the Platte. Friends shared videos of Falls Park and man that's something.

It's something.

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
4,034 Posts
Unreal! I imagine a big factor in the profound damage was the ice. A big chunk of ice with rushing water pushing it would make a D11 look like a toy by comparison.

·
Super Moderator
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unreal! I imagine a big factor in the profound damage was the ice. A big chunk of ice with rushing water pushing it would make a D11 look like a toy by comparison.
it looks like a chunk of ice or something busted threw the wall of the hydro elec building in one of the videos.Also seen a video where the ice and trees took a bridge out and it floated away even tho it was steel and concrete,Crazy!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I can only image the power of a river that large. We have a creek by the house thats 5 ft wide and 1 ft deep. This summer it picked up 1400 lb hog slat that was used for a creek crossing. If a little creek can more 1400 lb imagine what a river that size can do. Truly sad, yet amazing at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.