Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Johnson & Johnson vaccine Monday. Since my day job is in a poultry plant and i am USDA all the inspectors and two Vets. took it, We all had reactions to it. Mine started about 3 the next morning waking up with a serious chill and my whole body ached just like it did last may when i had the virus. That lasted until about 3 that afternoon and i started to feel better, Wednesday morning i woke up drenched in sweat. That morning i felt like i was going to spontaneous combust and around noon everything was over and now i feel good. Just wanted to tell you all about this in case anyone was wanting to get it so you can decide for yourselves if it is worth it or not. I have talked to people who have had all three versions and all had reactions. Just FYI.

Have a good one!

T.J.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I took the J&J last Thursday and have had so side effects to date. My wife got the first Moderna vaccine yesterday and had a slight headache about an hour after getting the injection that lasted for maybe 30mins. Other than that and a sore arm for a bit we've been fine, fortunately.

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,713 Posts
Seems like those who have had COVID already then get the shot get quite a bit more miserable from the shot than those who have not had COVID previously.

·
Hay Hoser
1,009 Posts
Still waiting for it......

Reactions: weatherman

·
5,741 Posts
Guys here just got sore arm, were warned the second dose may not get off so light.

·
Super Moderator
15,793 Posts
Here, some are reacting to the second vaccine of Moderna and Pfizer. I have not spoken with anyone who took the J&J one shot.

My 86 year old mother has had both injections of Pfizer and the second one she felt a little "off" for about 3 days, but not enough to slow her down.

I get my second injection of Pfizer Saturday. If I was a younger child bearing woman, I would not be vaccinated at this point in time.

Regards, Mike

·
Super Moderator
15,793 Posts
I received my second Pfizer vaccine and I am none the worse for wear. The pharmacist said to me, "you do know that many folks have some reaction to the 2nd immunity dose". He also said that he was sick for three days with his. I had almost zero side effects other than my arm was a little sore this morning. I felt really good when I awoke this morning.

Regards, Mike

·
1,462 Posts
Well Mike, Linda and I are scheduled for our 2nd shot on 4/10, but have 3 members of the family that are positive! We will prolly seek testing tomorrow! We were most likely exposed about 48 hours after receiving our 1st dose!

Dave

Reactions: Vol

·
318 Posts
I received my first Pfizer vaccine on Friday. My sister in law who is a nurse called me Saturday morning to check on me. I have had no side effects. I told her my Trump shot gave me super powers. I told her I had a vision that my farm was going to make money this year.

She told me that was not super power I was being delusional.

·
644 Posts
Folks, I know there are many opinions on this and I respect them all. But tomorrow we will bury my father-in-law who died Fri due to underlying conditions and COVID. He was 75. He wouldn't take the vaccine. He is the third 70+ yr old person I knew personally who has died with COVID.

·
Super Moderator
15,793 Posts
Folks, I know there are many opinions on this and I respect them all. But tomorrow we will bury my father-in-law who died Fri due to underlying conditions and COVID. He was 75. He wouldn't take the vaccine. He is the third 70+ yr old person I knew personally who has died with COVID.
Yes, it affects some and not others. Really bizarre. Hate that for you and your family Jamie.

Regards, Mike

·
1,462 Posts
we got tested this afternoon! Linda got a "quick test", because she was symptomatic, and her result was positive! I wont know on mine for a day or two, but would be very surprised if i did not test positive!

We both have faith that the Good Lord will bring us through this unscathed!

Reactions: Vol

·
644 Posts
we got tested this afternoon! Linda got a "quick test", because she was symptomatic, and her result was positive! I wont know on mine for a day or two, but would be very surprised if i did not test positive!

We both have faith that the Good Lord will bring us through this unscathed!
If you have any hint of trouble breathing contact your Dr. immediately.

·
Hay Master
1,228 Posts
Couple of weeks ago, GA Gov drops the age requirement for folks to receive the COVID vaccine. My pharmacist daughter calls me up and tells me "Dad, I got you an appointment to get your shot at 2pm". So yeah, I go and get the shot. Talked to my doctor about it today during my quarterly blood work checkup. He strongly recommends getting the vaccine.

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,713 Posts
Sorry to hear that, you have my sympathy. Covid is a fickle customer.

Reactions: Troy Farmer

·
Hay Hoser
1,009 Posts
goin in this week end, finally. Its time to move on!

·
1,462 Posts
Well, Linda is over it, and pretty much back to normal! :cool:

I, on the other hand, remain asymptomatic! :rolleyes:

When I finally chased down my test results, from the 22nd, I was negative! :huh:

I have no idea what my present status is! :eek:

·
Gourmet Horse Hay Producer
2,978 Posts
Wife and I have had both Pfizer shots. No issues. Scheduled our trip to Olympic park in October

1 - 20 of 34 Posts