Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have always run Nh balers and we really like the NH 5070 hayliner. We are thinking of buying a new baler and trying to decide which one to buy. We are picking bales up out of the field with a bale baron. We used to run 3 balers but labor is getting harder to find, so compacity and bale quality is important to us. Any thoughts Thanks

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
We have always run Nh balers and we really like the NH 5070 hayliner. We are thinking of buying a new baler and trying to decide which one to buy. We are picking bales up out of the field with a bale baron. We used to run 3 balers but labor is getting harder to find, so compacity and bale quality is important to us. Any thoughts Thanks /QUOTE]
MF/Hesston 1840 all the way!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Both great balers. We started using a bale barren this year . Two guys that give me a hand from time to time have side pull units . One international the other the 5070. We ran a 1839 but traded to 1840. Haven’t tried it yet. We run the Barron directly behind the baler and so doesn’t the 5070 guy does too. If we start at the same time in the same field we can usually lap him in a few windows. Both make a great bale @the same weight. The one thing we might do a bit more(with the 1839) is plug ourselves. We eventually figured out how not to do it has much.
The guys that own the Bale Baron factory also farm and sell hay(if you ever get a chance visit the production facility it’s worth it) They use 1840s .

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have not used a 5070, but I have used an offset for many years. Last year I purchased an 1840 and it is a huge upgrade. My smallest field is 1.5 acres and it follows me around right behind the tractor. I don’t have to worry about running over bales hardly at all. Also, I can shove the hay in and it just flat takes it. The one downside is the visibility behind the baler. No more looking down the side watching things happen, but a camera can take care of that. I would recommend an 1840 hands down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts