Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking at buying a used one of these with 2011 w/193 hrs, still has plastic on the seat, I want it to bale hay, I’m looking at buying a new JD5075E 2 wd. Wanting to bale a 4x4 bale, does anyone know if the case is a good tractor? the JD I can get now, hard to find tractors in stock , which one would y’all get knowing what I’m gonna be doing ? Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’m looking at buying a used one of these with 2011 w/193 hrs, still has plastic on the seat, I want it to bale hay, I’m looking at buying a new JD5075E 2 wd. Wanting to bale a 4x4 bale, does anyone know if the case is a good tractor? the JD I can get now, hard to find tractors in stock , which one would y’all get knowing what I’m gonna' be doing ? Thanks
A Case 105U with a 193 hrs and if it has the Tier 2 engine in it and the price is right it may be a good deal. It has a base horsepower of 105 hp so it should handle a 4x4 RB easily. It is the same as the New Holland TD series which is pretty reliable. I have a NH TD95D and it is Tier 2 at 95 base HP and I handled a NH688 with making bales up to 5x6 RB. it doesn't have all the EPA crap on it. These tractors are in high demand now because they aren't computer controlled, no DEF and no DPF. Don't know anything about the JD.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A Case 105U with a 193 hrs and if it has the Tier 2 engine in it and the price is right it may be a good deal. It has a base horsepower of 105 hp so it should handle a 4x4 RB easily. It is the same as the New Holland TD series which is pretty reliable. I have a NH TD95D and it is Tier 2 at 95 base HP and I handled a NH688 with making bales up to 5x6 RB. it doesn't have all the EPA crap on it. These tractors are in high demand now because they aren't computer controlled, no DEF and no DPF. Don't know anything about the JD.
Thank Jerry/MT!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Case anyday. They have more features than an E series green. And if the price is the same you get extra ponies and believe me those extra ponies never hurt and always come in handy! What’s the price they’re asking for the case? And just like Jerry said they’re becoming more in demand 193hrs is just like brand new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts