Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Grass Farmer
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one identify the make / model of this rake? I purchased it recently and there is no tags or other ID on it.

The guy I got it from bought it used also and dosn't know the make Etc.

I've attached pictures from several angles, hope it helps.

Thanks

Plant Wheel Tire Wood Tree

Plant Water Sky Wood Bicycle tire

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Vehicle

Plant Wood Grass Shrub Twig

Attachments

·
Hay Master
1,484 Posts
Styrex assembly on a homade frame. Similar to mine but its on a Ogden caddy. I have pics in my gallery

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,675 Posts
That looks like a left and right hand three point rake on special caddy. I'm also going to guess the rakes are Tonutti.

Reactions: somedevildawg

·
Grass Farmer
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks like a left and right hand three point rake on special caddy. I'm also going to guess the rakes are Tonutti.
I was kind of thinking it might be an old Tonutti the way the rake adjustments look but the caddy kind of stumped me, maybe it is home made, but its a heavy beast!

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,675 Posts
We have a Tonutti 6 wheel left hand three point wheel rake and it looks almost identical to the rake pictured. Has the same chain hook tabs on the front of the rake beams.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issues , won this bar rake "i know that much " LOL BUT i'm a newbe my wife and i are gonne try doing our own hay .... but won this at an auction and dont know how it works what the handles do and if something is missing ? any help ! ! ...also on the right side of this rake there's 2 holes one in the front and on the back ...seems like something should be there but not knowing anything about hay equipment .....HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!! :) LOL Wood Plant Tree Grass Rolling Wood Plant Tree Grass Rolling Wood Plant Grass Outdoor furniture Landscape Plant Wood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Sky

Attachments

·
50 Posts
Reb54,

You have a Case 200 series rake. You can find parts diagrams on the Messick's web site. You have probably already figured out that the crank on the front adjusts the height of the rake. The crank on top adjusts the side to side angle of the rake. The holes in question are for a hydraulic cylinder to raise and lower the rake from the comfort of your tractor. You don't need a cylinder for the rake to work properly. Sloan Express carries the tines for this rake although someone has retrofit some of them with rubber cushioned. This rake should serve you well for what you intend to do.

IFF

·
Registered
4 Posts
Reb54,

You have a Case 200 series rake. You can find parts diagrams on the Messick's web site. You have probably already figured out that the crank on the front adjusts the height of the rake. The crank on top adjusts the side to side angle of the rake. The holes in question are for a hydraulic cylinder to raise and lower the rake from the comfort of your tractor. You don't need a cylinder for the rake to work properly. Sloan Express carries the tines for this rake although someone has retrofit some of them with rubber cushioned. This rake should serve you well for what you intend to do.

IFF
wow ...knew someone would know something more then me on here .... thank you very much !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts