Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Welcome to HT, Bengles.

As far as cameras, nope, I do the old fashion way. I physically (darn spell check almost had me use "psychically" which has a whole different meaning that's out of my league :huh: ) check the cows morning and night. Maybe mid-day, with a heifer. But mainly let nature take it's course. Those that are having trouble or slow progress get more checking.

Larry

·
Registered
42 Posts
We use them with the mares, but since switching to Wagyu bulls, we don't worry about cows or even heifers.

The ones we use in our old barn for the horses were wireless, and I think we picked them up at Costco about 10 years ago. They gave a great picture day or night, and had 2 way sound, which was really handy when a mare would start to scratch her butt on the stall (you could hit the intercom button and holler at her), or if you were out there and needed something from the person in the house, you could holler at them.

Our new barn (we're just starting on the inside of it now) will have cameras on at least 2 stalls, and we'll be running wireless with a couple boosters on each end, to get through the metal building. I'll try to get some pictures and details when we set it up in a month or so.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.