Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay everyone!

A while back I posed a question for the group on how to best sell hay. Thanks very much for all yalls help!

I took your feedback and launched The Hayspot - a trusted community to buy and sell hay locally. You can search for hay by zipcode, pay securely and shipping is handled by one of our partners.

Honestly, I just got frustrated with several websites listing hay, then calling people, who didnt have it, or they did, then they negotiated with you, then if you liked the price you had to find delivery, then you had to negotiate with the shipper...it was such a pain.

We are rolling out state by state, and I'd appreciate if yall could give me some feedback.

if you have hay to sell, please list it! We have over 200 buyers already!

www.thehayspot.com

Thanks again,

S

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
So exactly how does the community work? I think I understand listing but past that I'm at a loss about how it works.

Shelia

·
Hay Master
1,571 Posts
Just checked it again, looks like the mile filter is working better now. I got no lots for sale within 200 miles, 2 within 500 & 3 in 1k miles.

·
Super Moderator
11,029 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You guys are hilarious! Thanks all for your comments and questions - I love it!

Just as Mlappin said, because we are new, we don't have a ton of listings right now. At this point, we are focused on the Wisconsin area but as you know, word spreads and folks from all over have listed their hay - we are growing like crazy!

How it works for the Buyer:

1. You type in your zip code on the The Hayspot

2. Do a search by miles (as close as 50 miles up to 1000)

3. You buy the hay that you want

4. We work with our shipping partners to get it to you ASAP

No muss, no fuss - no haggling, no dealing with delivery. If you don't like the hay, we'll refund your purchase 100% - no questions asked.

How it works for the Seller:

1. You sign up at The Hayspot

2. List your hay (type, weight, price, quantity, rfv)

3. When someone buys your hay you get an email from us saying "You've got cash at the Hayspot"

4. Our shipping partners will contact you for pickup and we'll issue you payment before the shippers get to your place

5. We take a nominal portion of the proceeds, depending on the size of the sale

That's it - I started this because it was very hard to buy and sell hay locally and delivery is a big problem.

I also got tired for 200% markups buy brokers (no offense) - and wanted to give people the option to buy locally because it builds a sense of community and it so much more efficient.

Hope to see y'all on the The Hayspot.

Please tell your friends!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just checked it again, looks like the mile filter is working better now. I got no lots for sale within 200 miles, 2 within 500 & 3 in 1k miles.
Post some hay!! We're constantly growing and are probably not in your area yet, but I guarantee you - its only a matter of time....

·
Super Moderator
8,719 Posts
Post some hay!! We're constantly growing and are probably not in your area yet, but I guarantee you - its only a matter of time....
Just checked out your website.

From 30+ yrs in hay bizz the people I trust the least are the ones that tell me how trustworthy and safe they are.

So if anyone ever tells me how trustworthy and good for the $ they are there is a little guy pops up on my shoulder and waacks me over the head wth hammer,and says beware. :huh:

Hopefully this doesn't offend you but is meant more as advise to marketing your service. ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts