Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have always grown timothy which is easy to get through the grass box on my no-till drill. I am going to seed some orchard grass. Will that go through the grass box on the drill? If not, what is the best method to do it?
Thanks!

·
172 Posts
You can use the grain box, might have to rig something to feed all of it. I have been having air fertilizer rig apply fertilizer and seed at the same time, only pay for the one trip. Nice even application, done quickly.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
If you buy orchard with hulls it should probably go in the big box. If you buy it without hulls it can go in the small box.

·
Hay Master
4,953 Posts
I've always broadcast seeded it, then rolled it in with a cultimulcher. My thinking was that drilling it would not provide adequate random coverage.

Ralph

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Depending on your sources you may find orchard grass hulled or coated. Both of which go through seed box good. Otherwise i have fed them through the drill with the oats.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i seeded orchard grass with my landpride drill last fall had no problems the seed was not coated got an excellent stand seeded red clover with it just took the second cutting off today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts