Just to throw a few more options out there:An hour away just can't be done in your situation. I could list out a million reasons for why, but it's easier for me to just tell you no way, no chance.
- $3-4k for an old NH square baler (unless you're only doing rounds, then I can't speak to that)
- $3-4k for a 9' rotary rake (recommend going with something that has tandem axles).
- $1600-2k for a two basket tedder
- $3-4k for an old haybine, like a NH479 or 488
- $1000-1500/hay wagon or
- $3k for flatbed trailer to transport round bales
- $6-15k on tractor
2. Rotary rake would be ideal. But you can pick up an old NH 257 roll-a-bar for less than $1000 or even a 3 point / four-wheel rake for less than $500. Not ideal, but could make it work for small acreage.
3. I sold a two-basket tedder for $500 last year in decent condition. Just have to keep looking for bargains and be ready to buy when you find them.
4. For low HP tractors, I would also consider a four head disc mower.