Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody; In 2011 my neighbor bought a new BC5070 Hayliner. From the 1st week he has had problems with the PTO driveline. He has replaced the gearbox (under warrenty) flywheel over running clutch, front 1/2 of the rear drive line twice, and just last night broke rear half of the front drive line. He says it has a clatter when the plunger is moving to the front of the machine. He putting 80-85 hp to it. Has anybody else had these problems with the 5070s? Thanks MHG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everybody; In 2011 my neighbor bought a new BC5070 Hayliner. From the 1st week he has had problems with the PTO driveline. He has replaced the gearbox (under warrenty) flywheel over running clutch, front 1/2 of the rear drive line twice, and just last night broke rear half of the front drive line. He says it has a clatter when the plunger is moving to the front of the machine. He putting 80-85 hp to it. Has anybody else had these problems with the 5070s? Thanks MHG
I run a 2018 New Holland BC 5070 Hayliner. I purchased it new and have had driveline chatter turning right since new. I couldn’t get the dealership to address the problem (they didn’t think it was unusual) so I limit the right turns and shut the pro off if right turns are unavoidable. Needless to say, I won’t do business with them again. It makes good bales with no problems except the driveline chatter.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
If baler has 540 rpm drive is tractor drawbar set at 14'' from end of tractor pto shaft to center of hole in tractor drawbar?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Might check to see if the driveline is set up according to the manual. When I ran my 315, the first section of driveline was sloped down towards the baler and chattered. The manual states that the first section needs to be parallel with the drawbar. Once I did that, it chattered much less. Might be worth a look.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes the baler is hooked to the tractor correctly. and being operated correctly. Something else is wrong

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just like Hayguy said > Check to make sure the yokes are all inline. We have a BC5070 and it has no chatter. We only do right turns with ours because we are also dragging a accumulator behind and the operator can see most everything in a right hand turn due to the offset. For grins and giggles you might try re-timing the yokes 180 degrees if that is possible. ,Shaft might be bent a little. and that might take a little out. We shimmed our hitch a little to get optimum alignment with the PTO...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
My driveline in my 5070 chatters too. I have never thought of timing the yokes. I will have to check that out. As far as I know mine are just like they came new. It has probably 50,000 or more bales on it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The BCC5070 has several adjustments in the front hitch. I would get the machine on flat ground with the baler swung out just like baling and look the alignment over carefully. I vaguely remember doing ours when it was new. The hitch point can be brought up and down and the intermediate shaft holder can be adjusted up and down as well. I took a little time getting it as perfect as possible as I knew it would be a permanent adjustment because it has a dedicated tractor operating it. (5520 Deere)

·
Registered
192 Posts
If the 5070 is like my 575, it has two pickup width adjustments. If mine is as wide as it will go I get no chatter from the drive line. But if set in the first (nearest the transport position) I will get drive line chatter when turning right. Don't know what that would effect, but it is a fact.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts