Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie. I have heard windrows when raked together, should have been laid down in the same direction? And if you cut and have laid it down, what direction should you pick it up to bale it? Thanks for the help.

·
10,015 Posts
Welcome to haytalk crowebar.....what kind of baling are you doing, rounds, small squares, or large squares? I'm assuming you do not "flip" "kick" "fluff" "Ted" the winrows in Nevada? I have always liked to bale in the direction of cut but in my practice of haying, the above movement of the winrows is necessary which makes this a moot point......yet another criteria, what type rake are you using and how wide and what type mower are you using? Sorry for the questions to answer a question, but I think we need more info to give you a good response.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding.

I am cutting with a Hesston 9260 with rotary header, 15' header. I am raking with a Darf 17 wheel rake, raking two rows together and raking soon as I can move the crop. And baling 3 x 4 large bales with a 4790 Hesston baler with an accumulator.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I don't pay any attention to the direction. NH 8080 rotary, Twinstar rakes and 2170 Hesston baler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts