Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Researching Bale Baron, Arcusin B14, and Bale Band It. Anyone willing to share pros and cons, and personal experiences on any of these? Also, anyone know of availability (location, prices, contact info) for any of these machines?

·
5,819 Posts
First post of this thread: http://www.haytalk.com/forums/topic/17858-the-hay-handling-thread-bundlers-bale-wagons-stackers-accumulators-coming/

I'll expand to cover the 4 you can get in north america.

Bale bandit - longer bales required 42" I think unless you modify it. 21 bales. Steel bands. Early models can be challenging without the updates. I've read the latest ones perform very well. Lots of options including a handy one I think, its quickly convertable from towed to ground pickup.

Bale Baron - Short bales 34", 21 bale bundles. Big bales twine and knotters. Are known as being quite reliable. Tow behind and pickup models, self containted hydraulics and engine available.

Tie-hog- Just entering the market, they are 10 bale bundles normally but can set any length, farmer built machine based on large square baler, has run for years precommercial. Very fast compared to the hydraulic units. Rare, won't see one likely for a few years. Short bales.

Arcusin - B14 or C14, 14 bale twine tied bundle but you can make shorter for wrapping individually. Upright machine, reportedly one of the best built machines out there. Very expensive in Canada/US due to import. Quite rare really. Only available as pickup model. Self contained pto driven hydraulics. Mid length bales, I think 36-38".

·
10,011 Posts
I like the bandit, excellent company, excellent support, very good machine built using quality components. The newer machines do allow for shorter bales....but the trade off is a smaller footprint, hence harder stacking...the newer machines also have a new controller/monitor display that allows for interactive tech support, also has a stroke counter feature for the baler, and geotracking for the bales in the field...the monitor constantly monitors hydraulic capacity and lets the operator run the machine to its maximum capacity....newer ones also have a little faster cycling time....as slowsuki stated, the newer ones have an attachment that allows for field pickup without the baler, although I would rather just have it hooked directly behind the baler....bales never touch the ground until ejected, down here fire ants can be a problem in bales allowed to set too long on the ground....newer one also has a tow arm for pulling behind a pickup for mobiling purposes.....don't know why they didn't thnk of that on the first ones.....
Customer support is excellent......nice folks to do business with in my experience....hope it helps

Forgot the cons.....gotta have a closed center hydro system capable of 25gpm to achieve proper results
As with all of them....it's a long sob to turn around in a tight field
Cost

·
140 Posts
Im planning on getting a b14 its simple!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Researching Bale Baron, Arcusin B14, and Bale Band It. Anyone willing to share pros and cons, and personal experiences on any of these? Also, anyone know of availability (location, prices, contact info) for any of these machines?
Im planning on getting a b14 its simple!
Michael,

You can reach me @785-243-0037

I am in North central Kansas.

Thanks

Dane Hanson

Jamestown KS

·
Registered
6 Posts
First post of this thread: http://www.haytalk.com/forums/topic/17858-the-hay-handling-thread-bundlers-bale-wagons-stackers-accumulators-coming/

I'll expand to cover the 4 you can get in north america.

Bale bandit - longer bales required 42" I think unless you modify it. 21 bales. Steel bands. Early models can be challenging without the updates. I've read the latest ones perform very well. Lots of options including a handy one I think, its quickly convertable from towed to ground pickup.

Bale Baron - Short bales 34", 21 bale bundles. Big bales twine and knotters. Are known as being quite reliable. Tow behind and pickup models, self containted hydraulics and engine available.

Tie-hog- Just entering the market, they are 10 bale bundles normally but can set any length, farmer built machine based on large square baler, has run for years precommercial. Very fast compared to the hydraulic units. Rare, won't see one likely for a few years. Short bales.

Arcusin - B14 or C14, 14 bale twine tied bundle but you can make shorter for wrapping individually. Upright machine, reportedly one of the best built machines out there. Very expensive in Canada/US due to import. Quite rare really. Only available as pickup model. Self contained pto driven hydraulics. Mid length bales, I think 36-38".
The Arcusins are priced very competitive with other makes. The Arcusin can handle bales from 35" to 48". Single axle makes it very manuverable.

·
5,819 Posts
Dane I realize you sell them but with the US dollar so low it really drove the prices up, has the euro economy being poor helped bring prices down? I know the manufactures in north america have raised their prices a lot too in the last few years.

The Arcusins are priced very competitive with other makes. The Arcusin can handle bales from 35" to 48". Single axle makes it very manuverable.

·
10,011 Posts
Michael I forgot one thing, are you going to be shipping hay? The bandit (and baron I think) use a 21 bale size (7 x. 3) which makes for a finished bundle that fits perfectly into a 102" dry van, stacked one on top and bottom for a load of about 600 bales on a 53' trailer....

·
5,819 Posts
Arcusin does too, just have to stack 3 bundles instead of 2.

Michael I forgot one thing, are you going to be shipping hay? The bandit (and baron I think) use a 21 bale size (7 x. 3) which makes for a finished bundle that fits perfectly into a 102" dry van, stacked one on top and bottom for a load of about 600 bales on a 53' trailer....

·
DK Farms
112 Posts
Have made 50 bundles in the last two days with the old first generation Band-It. Seems like my winter time tweaking and changing wore out parts over the last 3 years has finally paid off. Made every bundle perfect, first to last. It's NEVER made more than 10 bundles without requiring a fix of some kind. When it works, it's great. Baled, picked up, loaded customers trailers, loaded my own trailers, and put the rest in the barn, all by myself. I might start to like hay baling again. :)

·
10,011 Posts
Have made 50 bundles in the last two days with the old first generation Band-It. Seems like my winter time tweaking and changing wore out parts over the last 3 years has finally paid off. Made every bundle perfect, first to last. It's NEVER made more than 10 bundles without requiring a fix of some kind. When it works, it's great. Baled, picked up, loaded customers trailers, loaded my own trailers, and put the rest in the barn, all by myself. I might start to like hay baling again. :)
Glad to see ya back....hope your guys managed to "bale you out" last year, glad to hear ur back in the seat...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.