Hay & Forage Forum banner

B45 international

2K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  bool 
#1 ·
im new on this so can some one tell me what bill hook I can pot In a international B45 and if anyone knows were I can get a work shop manyel
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Plant Tree Automotive exterior

See less See more
#2 ·
Where in Australia are you?

I sold my B45 over 30 years ago but I might still have a spare knotter (or at least a spare billhook) and maybe also an operator's manual.

Don't even think about putting plastic twine in it. Stick with sisal.

Tighten up the adjustment on the wooden plunger runners so the plunger doesn't flop about, and sharpen both the plunger knife and the twine knives. File the stationary plate flat so it presents a square edge to the plunger knife.

Is it a Mark 1 or a Mark 2? Mark 1 had a twine box on each side. Mark 2 had both twine boxes on the right side.

It's a slow baler (specs say 5 tons an hour) but OK for a few bales.

Roger

#4 ·
I don't understand why you can't just take the billhook out of the other knotter. Undo one bolt and the knotter swings up. Knock out one pin through the pinion and the billhook s out. Make sure you count the number and location of shims.

If you could bring yourself to write more than a one-line message with no punctuation, I might be able to be of more help. Please explain the circumstances in more detail.

Roger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.