Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would like to buy some spares without having to take the old ones off to measure them. The Reese part number on the old belts means nothing to me and the V belt guys.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Have you tried contacting a dealer that sells Reese? They should be able to pull you the belt up via part number and tell you the dimensions and then you can go to v belt guys if it’s cheaper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Have you tried contacting a dealer that sells Reese? They should be able to pull you the belt up via part number and tell you the dimensions and then you can go to v belt guys if it’s cheaper.
They are happy to sell you the high priced oem belts.. Reese parts numbers intentionally do not correlate to a known sizing system so that many will buy oem belts to avoid the hassle. Smart on their part but marking belts up that much is not something I will support. One has to measure an old belt's outside circumference to buy aftermarket. I will applaud anyone that can get actual metric or imperial belt specs from Tigerco, the USA dealer.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Looks like the price of saving money is spending time and effort pulling off the old belt to measure it.

If you are lucky it will be a standard size.

Roger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the price of saving money is spending time and effort pulling off the old belt to measure it.

If you are lucky it will be a standard size.

Roger
They are class C belts and V Belt Guys will have them for about 1/3 OEM price...maybe less. The trick is getting the right length so as to work within the adjustment range.. If there is no luck getting accurate sizes on the forums, there is another method that will give me length fairly accurately that does not require pulling them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts