Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Farmhand ( I think, label worn off) 8 bale accumulator that won't eject bales. The arm pushes the bales over fine, but once it's full nothing happens. I've never used an accumulator before, so any insight would sure be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Welcome to HayTalk
If bale accumulator is mechanical then it has to have some type of linkage so that when 8th bale enters will activate linkage so the rear gate is opened to release the 8 bales

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to HayTalk
If bale accumulator is mechanical then it has to have some type of linkage so that when 8th bale enters will activate linkage so the rear gate is opened to release the 8 bales
Hi Jim, thanks. I'll check the linkage rod underneath again. I'm not sure how far it's supposed to move but it only moved about a quarter inch. Is that enough the trigger the switch? Seems to me like it shod move more, but I don't know.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Could be a couple things, there is an adgustment to control the speed of the push off motor that drives the chain and could be somthing wrong with the pressure plate thing. There are two stprings there. Also there is a long spring in the control housing. One way to investigate is to put a weight on the pressure plate, a bale or concrete block works and work the control arm to see if the valve is moving the right way. When there is no weight on the pressure plate the vale moves about 1/2 inch one direction and activate the push over cylinder when the control arm is pushed and when there is a weight on the pressure plate it moves 1/2 inch or so the other direction to activate the hydraulic motor that runs the push off chain when the control arm is pushed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts