Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 7520 hydraulic oil warning comes on . Oil to hot.. Change filter, check oil level it recommends. Checked oil and replaced filter. Still gets hot after about an hour or so of baling hay. Wait a bit and it goes out then shortly repeats after running again. What is going on?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Need some more info. Round or square baler. Any hydraulics running constantly like accumulator or bandit. And is it really hot sometimes sensors go bad an infrared thermometer to the rear filter tells alot. Also can help find internal leaks like valves and stuff. I think you can go into the diagnostic side and the monitor will tell you exactly what the sensor is reading.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a Deere round baler. I blew out the cooler at the flywheel area. Will try the heat gun and see what I can find the next time out. It also over heated with the Krone cutter behind it.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
So if it has cooler at the flywheel does it have an electric water pump front top right of the engine? Right below the alternator?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I thought only IVT transmissions came with the electric water pump? But then my knowledge of anything that modern is from passing by one in the local John deere shop tore down. I am not interested in working on anything newer than a 4960.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No electric pump.... Found problem >> Pinched coolant hose going to oil cooler. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts