Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has 18000 bales on the counter but for the last 2 years it loves to plug the right side of the stuffer (wide pick-up) solid at either the far right or second in stuffer tooth. Normally if I overload the left side I can get a core spinning and it'll be fine, but that's not the case anymore. Lower roller has key stock welded on it that's still in good shape, all bearings run smooth best I can tell.
I don't know if it's got some sort of timing issue or if my pickup guard is wore down but I'm getting way too quick at changing clutches on this stinking thing. Any thought?

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
I added 3 weld dots to the backside of each finger on the rotor feeder on my mega-wide baler. It greatly helped feeding crops such as Johnsongrass that the stalks weren't crimped due to cutting with a disc cutter with no crimper & I think it helped in starting a bale in Bermuda.. You might weld a bead on the leading edge of key stock on lower roller because the edge gets rounded off from baling more especially in sandy soils.. I've supervised welding on metal starter roll bars on many used rd balers which improved bale core starting performance. One has to be sure that any weld splatters are ground off so as not to catch twine/net.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.