Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Looking for some help and or advice. I bought a 468 round baler 3 years back. rolled about 1000 rolls first couple yrs. No major problems. Then at end of last hay season had a problem. When roll reached set point, monitor went to wrap mode, but actuator did not retract. Rolled a lot of net wrap on that roll before I stopped pto. I had to go to channel 14 to retract actuator and cut net. Cycled the power to monitor. Next bale alarmed at set point, but did not go to wrap mode. I pressed "wrap" button and got not response. for the next 37 rolls when I got to set point on roll size I would go to channel 14, extend actuator, wait 5 seconds then retract to cut net. I sent monitor off for repair. They sent it back and said they couldn't find a problem. This season, after 15 rolls, problem started again just like last yr. Sent it back to Ag Express. They called to say that they cycled it through 50 rolls and it worked flawlessly. What do you think I should do?

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Have you checked that all pins in electrical quick connector on wiring harness between tractor & baler are protruding? Next have you checked adjustment on micro switch located by net actuator arm? Have you check volts required to operate net wrap actuator arm? Is monitor electrical supply wired directedly to starter or battery IE not utilizing tractor convenience outlet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All pins are good. I checked volts on channel 19. good . I have a loner monitor from a local dealer. This is third time I have used loner while my monitor is being checked out. loner works flawlessly. I use my harness with both monitors

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been using a loner monitor on my baler. Everything works perfect. If I switch out loner monitor for my monitor, continue using same harness and same electrical outlet it won't wrap. I purchased a new monitor. When I tried it, same result.Loner monitor still works fine. I have ordered a new convenience outlet that I plan to wire direct to battery. A real puzzle. I plan to take monitors back to dealer and get him to hook them up to one of their balers

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have you checked ch 201 to see if the monitor is set for your model? I had monitor issues with my 854 and purchased a remanufatured from Deere. Hooked it up and nothing worked. Come to find it wasn't set to my model and needed a software update. After that, it worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you using same monitor wiring harness or different harness with each monitor?
Im using same harness. Haysprout, I did check the 201 channel for model assignment. It is correct. While I was on 201 I changed model assignment to see if it would have an affect. Nothing. An interesting note( the loner monitor is an older monitor assigned to either 457 or 557. doesn't even have option for 468 like mine, but it works flawlessly). I discovered something yesterday. I had been checking out the monitors using the "wrap" button to see if the actuator would cycle. I did this with key on, engine not running.The loner monitor would always cycle the actuator. My new monitor, out of box would not. the actuator would only hum for about 5-6 seconds, then I would get a timed out alarm E2-13. I started the tractor engine, then tried new monitor. It worked. May be that new monitor was not getting enough amps unless engine was running. I ordered a new convenience outlet that I plan to wire direct from battery. Tx Jim had mentioned power supply earlier. I had checked it on channel 19 and it checked out ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts