Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the AC and fan belts on my john deere 4430. I know I have to take off the hydraulic pump drive coupler, but I'm having issues. I got the lock nuts off, but the 2 bolts won't come out. Are they threaded into the coupler? I tried turning one out and it got really tight. I was afraid it I might break it. Any ideas??

Also, are there only 2 bolts?

If I get the bolts out will the coupler just come off, does it slide back and off??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If that is like the 4020s they spin out of blocks replace the nylon bushings while your at it . It’s a pain but saves you pain later.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah just done one on a 4230. They thread out of the two coupler halves and buy the 4 bushings to put in when you split the halves to do the belt

·
Hay Something
1,482 Posts
Yep, those bolts are threaded into the couplers. Sounds like they may have gaulted if they get tight when you start to remove them. But you have to get them out. You may need to replace the coupler halves and bolts if they won't come out clean. Bushings are a good idea either way as well like these guys said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts