Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Check condition of metal floor at the end of auger where hay enters bale chamber & check bottom of bale case for holes created by rust/wear. Check how loose plunger-head fits in bale chamber

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I'll add it wouldn't hurt to have an extra brass shear pin(E19994 @ $31.57) for knotter shaft drive sprocket. Back when I was employed by a JD dealer in parts dept I remember selling those shear pins by the sack full. Now it requires a sack full of $$$$$ to buy one shear pin.:)

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Congratulations. I remember when 224 balers were replaced with 336 & better model 346.

I suggest you lower bale chamber extension a chain link or maybe 2 or 3 links so bale will be lower when it touches the ground & bale won't be deformed exiting bale chamber

Attachments

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Replacing frt chain would be de[pendant of number of bales baled every season. I owned a JD 347 for over 10 yrs baling several 1000 bales each yr & only lubricated the chain but never replaced that chain. E17615 pickup tooth subs to 276SE but I can't remember if they have curved or straight shanks.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Post #6 has links to find the operators manual and parts diagrams.
I'm a computer DUMMY but I thought with links one could simply left click mouse arrow on link & it would open with nothing else required. Concerning post # 6 of yours what you posted isn't a "true link" due to it not being highlighted & clicking mouse arrow on your statement doesn't open the link. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

On the other hand IMHO due to majority of tractor/equipment owners having a long standing phobia of ""reading an operators manual?? the more locations that operators manuals can be accessed is a plus for tractor/equipment owners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts